View Full Version : P990i Modding Summary

rhk111
21st July 2007, 13:23
I hope the forum Moderator, & also the people who made these mods don't mind, but I would like to post summaries of the mods available for the SE P990i. It is a bit tasking to read thru a lot of posts just to get the instructions on how to mod stuff.

I felt it would be great to have a summary somewhere, so let me start off w/ this:

SE P990i MAIN MENU ICON MODDING

DESCRIPTION

This mod will change your MAIN MENU ICONS into similar to those being used on the iPhone. However, it will NOT change your Shortcut, or Desktop icons.

SCREENSHOT

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

DOWNLOAD

Below is the file for download:

ALaunchIcon.mbm ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

INSTRUCTIONS

1) Create a "D:\resource\Apps" folder on your P990i (Note: "D" could be another letter on your PC's File Manager, depending on what USB devices are attached. Just look for the P990i's drive when you attach it thru your PC cable).
2) Copy the "ALaunchIcon.mbm" file to the "D:\resource\Apps".
3) Restart the phone.
4) To go back to the default icons, simply delete the folders from the "D:\resource" folders, & restart the phone.

CREDITS:

- Courtesy of "Jack S" from the IP Mart forums.
- Here is the original link: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

rhk111
21st July 2007, 19:48
SE P990i iPHONE STATUS BAR ICONS

DESCRIPTION

This mod will change your STATUS BAR ICONS into similar to those used on the iPhone.

INSTRUCTIONS

1) Create a "D:\resource" folder on your P990i (Note: "D" could be another letter on your PC's File Manager, depending on what USB devices are attached. Just look for the P990i's drive when you attach it thru your PC cable).
2) Copy all the folders INSIDE the "iPhone_Status_Bar_Icons" folder into the "D:\resource" folder.
3) Restart the phone.
4) To go back to the default icons, simply delete the folders & files, & then restart the phone.

CREDITS:

- Courtesy of "Forrest A" from the IP Mart forums.
- Here is the original link: [Only registered and activated users can see links]
- Files based on Forrest A's latest files dated 7-18-07 (see this thread: [Only registered and activated users can see links])

cstX
21st July 2007, 22:00
Nice work mate :) rep +

Only if you could find a mod that alows you to change the phone app skin and maybe the activity menu icons for P990i that would be great.

rhk111
22nd July 2007, 05:59
^^^
Looking for that one, too. It'd be nice to be able to do on the P990i what they have thus been able to do w/ the M600 ....

rhk111
25th July 2007, 19:36
laren0's SE P990i Icon Pack

DESCRIPTION

This mod will change MOST (not all, but most) of your MAIN MENU & even SUB MENU ICONS, along w/ your STATUS BAR ICONS.

SCREENSHOT

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

DOWNLOAD

Below is the download link for the icons:

laren0's Icon Pack ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

INSTRUCTIONS

1) Create a "D:\resource" folder on your P990i (Note: "D" could be another letter on your PC's File Manager, depending on what USB devices are attached. Just look for the P990i's drive when you attach it thru your PC cable).
2) Copy all the folders INSIDE the "laren0's Icon Pack" folder into the "D:\resource" folder (if same named files & folders already exists there, overwrite, or delete beforehand).
3) Restart the phone.
4) To go back to the default icons, simply delete the folders & files, & then restart the phone.

CREDITS:

- Courtesy of "laren0" from the IP Mart forums.
- Here is the original link ([Only registered and activated users can see links]):

gr44
26th July 2007, 21:24
wow Nice there..im going to try it..hope will post more...

javinv
27th July 2007, 21:48
sorry but, whats the theme youre showing on the first image? I tried to use the one I found following your links but it doesnt work on my P990, just see grey screen.

Thanks

rhk111
28th July 2007, 05:39
^^^
It worked fine w/ me. Anybody else had the same problem?

Can you describe exactly how you uploaded the files?

gr44
28th July 2007, 18:41
works for me...love the status icon bar...anymore of it...hope can post more...tq

bigbrovar
3rd August 2007, 12:05
does it work on w950i?

rhk111
4th August 2007, 09:25
^^^
Not sure. Maybe somebody out there more knowledgeable in both of the phone's firmwares can comment on it.

rhk111
4th August 2007, 09:31
SE P990i Battery Saving Tips

Just like the wifi-capable Nokia N80, the wifi-capable SE P990i also initially had a relatively short battery life of only about 1 1/2 to 2 days of normal use. However, w/ a few battery saving tips, I was able to extend the battery life to twice that length, easily lasting 3-4 days.

Here are some battery saving tips for the SE P990i:

(Important note: All the navigations below are for those who REMOVED THE KEYPADS, & using the touchscreen / jog dial to navigate the menus. Keypad users will have different, although similar, navigation paths)

1) Limit the backlight brightness to 25-80% to conserve battery (mine is set at 29%).
(To access this, go to: Main Menu -> Tools -> Control Panel -> Device -> Backlight -> Brightness)

2) Disable the 3G network support when not needed.
(To access this, go to: Main Menu -> Tools -> Control Panel -> Device -> Connections -> Mobile Networks -> [Drop Down menu] GSM/3G Networks -> GSM Only)

3) Disable the WLAN network support when not needed.
(To access this, go to: Main Menu -> Tools -> Control Panel -> Device -> Connections -> WLAN -> [Drop Down menu] Untick "Enable WLAN")

4) Turn off the GPRS to disable continous GPRS signal search. Even if off, though, it will still work and turn on when needed (i.e MMS).
(To access this, go to: Main Menu -> Tools -> Control Panel -> Device -> Connections -> Internet Accounts -> [Drop Down Menu] Preferred Mode -> CS Only)

5) Install softwares, Ringtones, Messages tones & other frequently used phone functions as much as possible on the Phone memory instead of the card memory, as reading from a card consumes more power.

Below are tips that will help speed up the menu response, & at the same time also help a bit save on the battery:

1) Disable the "Transitions" for a quicker menu
(To access this, go to: Main Menu -> Tools -> Control Panel -> Device -> Transitions)

2) Disable the handwriting recognition software, w/c is a pretty slow way of inputting text, anyway.
(To access this, go to: Tools -> Control Panel -> Device -> Text Input -> Handwriting -> Set to "Keyboard Only" or "None")

CREDITS

- Tips mainly came from "Wrk_InProgress" & "twinbros" / "ivc" at the Howard's Forums. Here is the original link ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

"I love my SE P990i"

swamiji
4th August 2007, 15:52
thanks for da mods...lemme see if they work on my m600

thoinhaudi
11th August 2007, 20:16
thank rhk111 for Laren0's SE P990i Icon Pack, it's nice icons.
I am looking for active's theme like on the screen of O2? Anybody know that

Scoty
12th August 2007, 02:21
can i use on a P1i ?

ginjamaka
14th August 2007, 19:31
hey thanx for the mods :D

djkano
16th August 2007, 03:46
I'm looking for change folder names and program locations (for example, put LGC Jukebox into Media Player or move Control Panel and others to another folder), and also change the icon for every folder (I'm referring to the main menu, not the folders in the file system)

svjazz
16th August 2007, 13:20
i wanna to use iphone icons when the flip is open.......
can some1 guide me as to hw to go abt wid this???

judistira
29th August 2007, 09:16
hi guys, im a newbie here..
thanks for the infos about modding p990i screen apearance. i'll try at home. anyway i got also w950i. can i use this mod for w950i too?considering, it has UIQ 3 too.

thanks in advance

Eddie666
30th August 2007, 19:36
Hi: I install on my p990 the ALaunchIcon.mbm and the SE P990i iPHONE STATUS BAR ICONS,and all works ok...with a little problem;the status bar icons are all white...and the color behind is grey and not black, is it possibile to change? thanks

wibergmarcus
25th March 2008, 15:07
Thanks a lot!!! looks awesome, looked soooo looooong for a thing like this!

I'd like to see more stuff like this! :ilove:

Marcus!

spine6
26th March 2008, 04:22
anyone have a mac taskmenu?? can you please share it to us thanks..

Jackdaniel
28th March 2008, 14:16
have more icon packs, anyone~?

clownfishnv
9th April 2008, 14:12
wow... im glad to c this forum, im a w950i user, and i luv UIQ3.0 very very muuucccchhh...
Thankful for the main menu's information modding, yeah..it's a good damn thing!

sukritsood
9th April 2008, 18:34
thanx a lot buddy...

vinci24
24th April 2008, 06:54
The SE P990i iPHONE STATUS BAR ICONS does not work on my P990i.

anakpadang
25th April 2008, 19:05
hello rhk111

would you plz plz plz summarize the way on hacking the p990 phone, but in a easiest way that common people could understand.

thank you very much:thanks:

sombi71
18th November 2008, 23:58
Nice work mate :) rep +

Only if you could find a mod that alows you to change the phone app skin and maybe the activity menu icons for P990i that would be great.

you can but you must hack your device

1. pc suite (you can download from offcial website)
2. AppTRK.sis (47.1KB) (
3. python-2.5.1
4. win32-py2.5
5. pyserial-2.2.win32
6. 1.py (copy 1.py to c:\)
(for 3-6 ,you can download them in a pack from the this site just wait until the link appears)
Link -::: CLICK ME:::-

Step 2.
Install all the software.

install AppTRK.sis on your phone and copy capswitch.sis, installserver.exe and trkdriver.ldd to ur memory card. The other apps on PC by order Pythod-2.5.1, Win32-py2.5, pyserial-2.2.win32

Step 3.
COM port

Run pc suite覧USB with your phone覧Phone model
Open My computer覧right click for properties覧go into hardware覧Device Manager覧com and LPT
You will see "SE M600 or P990i application port (com5),se pc connect port (com6)
memorize it.

Step 4.
Edit the file 1.py

Right click the "1.py" file and press edit .
Find the trip " ser = serial.Serial(5) # I have COM6"
You can use the "ctrl +F" order.
Then change ser.serial(5) to ser.serial(4),
Save it. (remember Com5 here as an example is ur p990i com found in device manager LPT in step 3. Click this bar to view the full image.

Step 5.
Run AppTRK.sis on ur phone

Connect you're phone with pc suite usb cable覧Change setting to Phone mode in ur phone when connecting to usb 覧
run AppTRK.sis覧show connected
If not ,change the port 2 to 1.

Step 6.
Command and success
Meaning
Open pythonwin press ctrl+R give the location through browse option of ur 1.py file and press run.
After a few seconds,it will show">close ,>End+Exit", you have succeeded.

Step 7.
Try it

open x-plore or swissmanagerpro
open the private folder ,c:\ or d:\

Step 8.
How to make it permanent
After step 6 u need to do the following:

Copy trkdriver.ldd in folder c:\sys\bin\

Install CapsSwitch on ur phone memory card.
In CapsSwitch - For full access we need Caps mode Off

Step 9.
(To install unsigned application without signing)
Now copy the file installserver.exe from memory card to "c:\sys\bin\" on your phone

Tutorial Edited by: daasguy99 to be more understandable.

:good2::ilove::dance::dance2:

macsniper
24th February 2009, 09:20
can u post a working one to mod my p990 to iphone.... tnx po.... post also the files tnx po.