View Full Version : How to format Nokia 5800 phone

hmanhha
14th January 2009, 06:09
As you know with the older version of Nokia phone such as Nokia N73 you can format by turn off the phone then presss simutanous 3 key:Call,3,* and turn on the phone.The phone will be format.

How to do the same with Nokia 5800 phone.

Thanks

Darkera
14th January 2009, 13:52
there are 2 ways:
_ menu -> setting -> phone -> phone mngmt -> factory settings
_ press *#7370# form dialler keyboard.

Aliken
14th January 2009, 14:23
Again?! If someon take his time to search and read in only this particular forum how many times this question has been asked and answered, he'll be amazed!

And they continue to asking all the same!

hmanhha
14th January 2009, 17:04
Thank you for your reply.

Again?! If someon take his time to search and read in only this particular forum how many times this question has been asked and answered, he'll be amazed!

I have known this two way.

there are 2 ways:
_ menu -> setting -> phone -> phone mngmt -> factory settings
_ press *#7370# form dialler keyboard.

With my Nokia N73 I know the other way by pressing 3 button and I think this way is different from these 2 way above so I made the post here.

I am very happy if 2 way above have the same effect as the way I nomally do.

Thanks all.

spagi
18th January 2009, 16:28
Can someone please describe when should u format the 5800? For example people say that when u cant install some up because of the expiration problem u should format it.But that doesnt mean that u lose all other applications and u have to install them again?
What I want to say is that people describe it as an easy solution but its time consuming if u have alot of things installed and modified. Also is everything gone after a format like contacts? What should someone back up before he does it?
Thank u very much

Aliken
18th January 2009, 19:32
It is not time consuming - backup ur phone memory only, reset and then return the backup file.

sudeep1911
18th January 2009, 22:50
in 5800,backup your memm b4 formating coz if not, u willl loose all ur free music thart u got with ur phone(it will b locked)..the only way to unlock it is to restore ur backup!!!
so b careful and create a backup b4 formatin

sudeep1911
18th January 2009, 22:54
Can someone please describe when should u format the 5800? For example people say that when u cant install some up because of the expiration problem u should format it.But that doesnt mean that u lose all other applications and u have to install them again?
What I want to say is that people describe it as an easy solution but its time consuming if u have alot of things installed and modified. Also is everything gone after a format like contacts? What should someone back up before he does it?
Thank u very much

in my opinion, format only if the phone is toooo sluggish and it cant b solved by a restart or if u hav ny error-for eg, i formated my 5800XM coz i had an error with ma equaliser!!
it is not time consuming,it takes only 2-3 mins...just back up ur data b4 doin it!!

cowboy36
19th January 2009, 05:11

I think what hmanhha was asking was how to hard reset the phone when switched off. Me, too, believes there's a way (like other nokia and WinMo phones) but dont know how.

Regards.

m1muiz
24th January 2009, 10:42
After sending my 5800 to nokia and changing the LCD due to dead pixels, I am unable to reset my phone as I got a 'code error' when typing 12345. Is there any other password? Did nokia change my password?

thanks.

Apollo 13
24th January 2009, 21:58
great ..thanks!

thaers3d
11th February 2009, 19:00
my 5800 cannot start how i can format it?:ashamed:

ehoe
17th February 2009, 05:30
On top of resetting the 5800 to default, I also want to format the SD card. Can I just format the SD card and reinsert into the 5800?. Will it restore back all default directories, files, etc on its own?. Or do I need to backup any particular folders, files prior to formatting the SD card and copy them back in manually.
Thanks in advance.

Darkera
18th February 2009, 03:20
With my Nokia N73 I know the other way by pressing 3 button and I think this way is different from these 2 way above so I made the post here.

I am very happy if 2 way above have the same effect as the way I nomally do.

Thanks all.

as i know s60v3 can't format with 3 button. it just reset ur phone to default setting, not format the phone, like *#7380#.
two ways that i said have the same effect. reset and format ur 5800.

I think what hmanhha was asking was how to hard reset the phone when switched off. Me, too, believes there's a way (like other nokia and WinMo phones) but dont know how.

cant. there's no way.

bojinx
18th February 2009, 17:55
As you know with the older version of Nokia phone such as Nokia N73 you can format by turn off the phone then presss simutanous 3 key:Call,3,* and turn on the phone.The phone will be format.

How to do the same with Nokia 5800 phone.

Thanks

Try this...

NOTE: This is only for 5800 with V. 20.0.012

With your 5800 turned off, try pressing and hold [Green] + [Red] + [Camera] Keys.

Turn phone ON, and keep pressing it until you see the Nokia Shaking Hands Logo.

The Default code is still 12345, of course...

I don't have a Nokia 5800 yet so I can't confirm this...

Heard it from another forum... Hope this help...

Darkera
19th February 2009, 14:07
Try this...

With your 5800 turned off, try pressing and hold [Green] + [Red] + [Camera] Keys.

look like the hard reset way of O2. but let me try.

cowboy36
19th February 2009, 14:16
as i know s60v3 can't format with 3 button. it just reset ur phone to default setting, not format the phone, like *#7380#.
two ways that i said have the same effect. reset and format ur 5800.

cant. there's no way.

Are you sure?

Regards...

Darkera
19th February 2009, 14:37
1. Are you sure? Format with 3 hardware buttons is equivalent to hard reset. It will earse all user data and restore settings to factory settings.

2. "cant. there's no way." Please be sure with statements first before posting it to public forums to avoid confusion.

Regards and Peace.

oop! missing typing.
i mean at this time ^^!

DOGG4LIFE
19th February 2009, 18:34
Try this...

i tried it and it's a hard reset, the phone doesn't ask for a code(12345)
so think twice if you wanna do this because i lost all installed apps.

firmware 20.0.012

zaq1475
11th March 2009, 06:25
Hello ....

I try to test how to format or hard reset on my 5800.
I confirm to use this way ........

1. Turn off
2. Press and hold 3 keys (green)+(Red)+(camera) together
3. Turn on phone but don't release 3 keys
4. Wait until show shaking hands
5. Now your phone will format!!

r_castro
11th March 2009, 20:32
when you say backup, do you mean use the file manager in the apps menu? I do a backup every morning. But this backup doesn't look like its usefull, my home screen is not working and at the time i restored from a backup and the only noticeable thing it brought back was the theme i had used the they before, yes very usefull. :(

Is there a backup app for the 5800?

ehoe
12th March 2009, 07:14
when you say backup, do you mean use the file manager in the apps menu? I do a backup every morning. But this backup doesn't look like its usefull, my home screen is not working and at the time i restored from a backup and the only noticeable thing it brought back was the theme i had used the they before, yes very usefull. :(

Is there a backup app for the 5800?

Use Nokia PC suite to do a full backup. I don't even bother to use the backup function in the File Manager.

r_castro
12th March 2009, 16:00
Use Nokia PC suite to do a full backup. I don't even bother to use the backup function in the File Manager.

Cool, but how about if your on the go and your comp is not with you. I would like to have a 3rd party app to backup onto the card, this way don't need my comp with me.

bromideh
4th July 2009, 14:47
Try this...

Have you ever seen a N 5800? If yes, where are the proposed keys?

mercan
9th July 2009, 16:39
Try this...

it is really working thanks so much bro :)

johnzzz
13th July 2009, 11:33
has anyone try this method using N97???

lufia2000
25th July 2009, 05:37
it worked! thanks mate, i do confuse on my 5800, in internet configuration, can't changed, and now, problem solved

ayazuddinkha
25th July 2009, 08:48
if your phone (5800) is not starting (and doesnot have any hardware problem) and even then you need to format then this can help you
* remove sim and SD card
*hold green, red and camera button together and press on button untill you get the vibratory shake. Keep on hold the other 3 buttons untill it finally start
now go on following onscreen menus
That it

sprakash
20th May 2011, 09:46
*#7370# and 12345

shellyhowell
28th June 2011, 09:01
Switch-off the phone (Remove the battery and re-insert it, if necessary). Now Press and HOLD the GREEN (Call) key, RED (Call end) key and the Camera-capture key SIMULTANEOUSLY. While still pressing the above three keys press the power On/Off key, hold them until phone boots up.