View Full Version : activate blackberry messenger without BIS

ronnyahmad
17th April 2009, 10:23
hi all, is there anyone successfully using blackberry messenger without BIS or data plan ?? is it possible ???

ashdaflash2005
18th April 2009, 01:33
hi all, is there anyone successfully using blackberry messenger without BIS or data plan ?? is it possible ???

as ive posted elsewhere , i had a similar problem, but i registered an orange pay as you talk sim with my storm, and for 5 quid a month i get 250mb of data to use, and the blackberry messenger too , happy times :)

ronnyahmad
18th April 2009, 05:39
sorry bro, i'm little confuse, can you please tell me the detail to activate it ? FYI, im living in brunei, i'm using DST and they not support blackberry, but for now i can use default browser from blackberry cause i'm using trick from anworm,thanks to anworm.

ashdaflash2005
18th April 2009, 16:09
sorry bro, i'm little confuse, can you please tell me the detail to activate it ? FYI, im living in brunei, i'm using DST and they not support blackberry, but for now i can use default browser from blackberry cause i'm using trick from anworm,thanks to anworm.

ahhhh brother that might be the problem, if you can get someone to activate a sim in the uk and you can use it on a roaming plan where u live, it costs 5 pounds and gives 250mb of data, orange are currently the only network that do this deal,i was told that the blackberrys are double locked etc, but that isnt true,once you have activated the sim this will activate your handset to use on that network with data,etc

vjencic
25th April 2009, 12:17
You have to activate GPRS on your SIM card and update APN settings (advanced->TCPIP) which you will get from your provider. You can also google for service books which will enable your browser to go to the internet (or user opera mini). You can find lot of free apps for gogole services (mail, talk,etc). If you need to use mail to connect to corporate mailbox I can suggest Astrasync (49$ per year). Hope that this was helpful.
Vlad

ronnyahmad
28th April 2009, 12:18
ahahahha, hi vjencic, i think you have to read my second reply on this tread, i dont have problem with browsing use default browser or any other application, the main problem is, how can i use blackberry messenger without BIS, cause i cant use my service book for it (FYI, i got my service book from anworm) any other . . .

ReVan
29th April 2009, 13:18
No its not possible my friend.

thanhbom
30th April 2009, 22:25
Yep, agree with Revan, it is impossible.

samfiolbri
7th May 2009, 08:06
try below:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

samfiolbri
7th May 2009, 08:20
try below:

ronnyahmad
7th May 2009, 08:40
thanks samfiolbri, but that is not working with default blackberry messenger, hmmmmmm
how IF i go to another country which they provider supported blackberry, then i register just for to get the BIS, after that unregister than back to my country, is it possible :) . . . .

ronnyahmad
7th May 2009, 08:43
thanks samfiolbri, but that is not working with default blackberry messenger, hmmmmmm
how IF i go to another country which they provider supported blackberry, then i register just for to get the BIS, after that unregister than back to my country, is it possible :weedman: . . . .

TheRing
18th May 2009, 23:04
It is imposibble to activate BBM without BIS/BES activated because BBM use ur BB PIN to communicate m8... That's what blackberry is, all about PIN...

::: Cheers :::

tomrf
19th May 2009, 12:29
why you push to use BBM if there is no BIS/BES on your network provider?
@thering: i agree with u.
that's why only provider with blackberry support which sell bundled blackberry device.
so, wake up man...!!! peace :P

acus
20th May 2009, 06:38
is it possible using yahoo mesenger application without bis..??

ronnyahmad
20th May 2009, 08:10
ahahahahahahaha u rite tomrf, actually i'm just try mu luck and i just curious cause i can use my BB browser without data plan :) . . .
@acus, i dont think so bro, cause i had try it, yahoo messenger require BIS/BES, but i dont know if there is another way, let we ask to the expert :) . . . so please the expert give us any solution . . .

d313d
20th May 2009, 19:21
is it possible using yahoo mesenger application without bis..??

yes you can, but not with original from bb, you have to download 3rd party program to do that

acus
21st May 2009, 14:51
yes you can, but not with original from bb, you have to download 3rd party program to do that

yes but still not free..hehehe

ronnyahmad
22nd May 2009, 17:48
hi acus, sorry i'm little confuse, did you mean yahoo messenger using yahoo messenger from yahoo or using another application, curently on my BB i'm installed palringo, nimbuzz & ebuddy and all that application waorking perfect on my bb without any BIS :)

ronnyahmad
22nd May 2009, 17:50
sorry what you mean free ? is it for chating or free on buying the application ? if you thing you have to buy the application, ahaha i got it's for free bro . . .

Wozny
23rd May 2009, 14:28
when u have BIS u don't have to pay for data transfer using applications such as palringo or instango, and they both free to download, so - everything is for free ;)

ronnyahmad
24th May 2009, 11:21
ahaahaha hi wozny, actually it's not free :) you still have to pay for data transfer, the different is if you have BIS you pay it monthly and if you don't have BIS you pay it when you use it :) peace

acus
25th May 2009, 08:00
hi acus, sorry i'm little confuse, did you mean yahoo messenger using yahoo messenger from yahoo or using another application, curently on my BB i'm installed palringo, nimbuzz & ebuddy and all that application waorking perfect on my bb without any BIS :)

yup its free (palringgo, nimbuzz,ebuddy) but its slowww if u have alot contact in your messenger.. not like beejive im+ and mundu its works smoothly but not free..heheh

tomrf
26th May 2009, 08:41
ahahahahahahaha u rite tomrf, actually i'm just try mu luck and i just curious cause i can use my BB browser without data plan :) . . .
@acus, i dont think so bro, cause i had try it, yahoo messenger require BIS/BES, but i dont know if there is another way, let we ask to the expert :) . . . so please the expert give us any solution . . .

So, i'm waiting too.. if you find your luck, please don't hesitate to share it with us.
:)

ANTIABE
15th July 2010, 02:15

jihaan
17th July 2010, 09:10
wat i do for this

krozudoka
18th July 2010, 14:08
Its not possible pal. Dont waste your time on this.

criminalz
19th July 2010, 18:16
tried as i might, then i remember i have msn, yahoo and i ask myself. whats the difference.

btw, i am using im+.

Mustafaprinc
17th September 2011, 12:36
I donot understand
plz tel me how to enable messenger

ipphun
27th September 2011, 15:38
Jeez, please remove this thread to Q&A sections, this is for apps.
BTW you cannot use any BIS service without a BB plan, period.

artrief
16th October 2011, 10:42
I wanted to like it, but I have not found a way. if you could?

zizolz
10th January 2012, 21:00
its possible to work on bbm without BIS .. i live in egypt and both vodafone and mobinil works via wifi . All u have to do is to find ur provider's APN and type it