View Full Version : Post all your Cooked Firmware related queries here

Pages : [1] 2

nicesoni_ash
3rd March 2010, 19:59
Since the new cooked firmware possiblity emerged, there is a flood of queries regarding about it, thus I am creating this thread where you can ask all kind of questions about cooked firwmare.

They will be answered if any solution or suggestion for your query is available..

Thnx..

Disguy
3rd March 2010, 21:44
hi all.

i have n97-5 mini stuck on v10 firmware but navifirm shows v11 to download.

Would it be possible to flash it with v11 firmware without problems ?

sirio72
4th March 2010, 02:17
Hi everybody, I'm tryng to cook my n97 v21 firmware and I also own a jafbox and fbus link to make update and downgrade safely so if someone can explain me some detailed things, I can became a kind of betatester and than post my works to everybody if need! Sorry for my bad english, I understood how erase language unneeded, how apply some modification to move cache on mass memory instead of c drive, some hack's on rofs2 so in case of hard reset you will not lose the hack and other modifications exc. exc, but I'm not understood yet how to eliminate some uneeded application like podcasting, my nokia, download, qik, joikuspot and boingo apps, and specially how make them icons hidden in main men¨ or subfolder and how to put a new application like rompatcher+ with auto patch feature working at symbian start or jbak taskman. If someone can help me I will begin the test soon. Every thing is important and any suggestion will be red! Thank's in advance to all of you that will help in this project. I'm still reading all post that speaks of coocking to learn much more possible waiting the final version of nokia editor or some other tools that will give us the possibility to edit the core files and modify Z drive once and for all! In case of problem I have my jaf box so I can try everithing safely without fear to brick the phone and restart tests again. Good night

nicesoni_ash
4th March 2010, 08:34
@Disguy
I guess you are asking about normal firmware update bro, not cooked.., yup if it's available in NAVIFIRM and for your RM.., you will be able to flash it..

@sirio72
There are so many threads in modding section to answer ur queries bro.., check out different cooked firmware's threads and tips and tricks for them.., and you will get most of the info there..

e.g. to install Rompatcher., you just need to extract all files from sis and put them in your rofs/ folder according to the structure of your extracted files and then you need to copy the Rau**** something file to your Starter_Arm.rsc so that the patches will autorun and so on.. Just search all threads here about modded firmwares..

SkunkWeed
4th March 2010, 18:15
From where to get E66 firmware to edit it? From NAVIFIRM I don't have editable files.
Mike

nicesoni_ash
4th March 2010, 19:25
@SkunkWeed
Just download files from Navifirm and use Nokia editor to edit them.., you can't edit them manually.. read the proper procedures in Nokia Editor thread..

Disguy
4th March 2010, 22:39
Sorry bro but not regular update.

i have RM-553 and I want to use RM-555.

Could i just do it with the cooked ROM or would i have to change product code etc ?

nicesoni_ash
5th March 2010, 09:23
You can always try to update to it bro, if anything goes wrong., you can always go back.. :D

xAbhi
6th March 2010, 08:19
does anyone know when will the next version of nokia editor is going to release?

nicesoni_ash
6th March 2010, 09:17
@xAbhi
Please post only your queries here regarding cooked firmware, this question you should be asking in Nokia Editor thread, btw there is no update.., you have to wait till they release any latest version..

AHMADDOTO
6th March 2010, 13:13
hack for 5730 xm

nicesoni_ash
6th March 2010, 13:24
@AHMADDOTO
Ask questions here about Modded firmwares only..

stevomanu
6th March 2010, 13:38
copy the Rau**** something file to your Starter_Arm.rsc .

What is this file you speak of dude i cant find answer in the forum an no matter what i do it never lets me install rom patcher just doesnt open at all any ideas !

:ilove::triodance::ilove:

nicesoni_ash
6th March 2010, 13:45
Just extract all files of Rompatcher and put them in your Rofs folder.., then copy all sys/bin files to sys/hash too.., and then it will work .. although it won't autostart.. Just let me know if that work for you.., if you want to make it autorun., you have to put RomPatcherAuto.exe in to your starter_non_critical_1.rsc file.. Hope this help..

stevomanu
6th March 2010, 14:26
ye done all that an still wouldnt open , was given an edited rsc file from steven25 an still no go , its starting to do my head in now !!

:hardcry:

nicesoni_ash
6th March 2010, 14:31
Then you should ask from someone who has this phone bro, coz I don't .. :(

Dave
8th March 2010, 06:09
Wondering if will all the new stuff about cooked firmwares, is there any possibility to add the effects on last N82, N95 8GB firmwares?

CHANDARAKK
8th March 2010, 07:18
now i add rompatch to file and falsh to phone work fine but i dont want loss after hard reset how to do next?thank inadvence

nicesoni_ash
8th March 2010, 10:36
@CHANDARAKK
It depends in which file you added those files bro.., if it's UDA then after format, it will be gone., if you mod language file, it will be there even after a format.. so add your files to language always..

@Dave
There are huge possibilities bro,.. I am sure your FP1 and earlier will also be able to use cooked firmwares soon.., you can start trying by using Marco's app for editing firmware..

CHANDARAKK
8th March 2010, 10:50
thank bro for ur help now am clear

aparichit
23rd March 2010, 11:16
hello guys i am n00b about installing CF

i am using n97 with v 12.0.026 RM-505

what should i do for install CF in it

breno
23rd March 2010, 21:37
Is it possible to edit languages and T9 from a firmware with this app? I have a 6120c with 7.10 fw that includes english but i would like to add brazilian portuguese. I already tried to downgrade to official nokia brazil firmware (5.11) but no success.

harish
28th March 2010, 08:54
Is it possible to extract Nokia e72 Internet browser & to install it on Nokia E71?

aparichit
29th March 2010, 08:49
hello guys i am n00b about installing CF

i am using n97 with v 12.0.026 RM-505

what should i do for install CF in it

any body ????????? help me

nicesoni_ash
29th March 2010, 11:42
Have patience my friend..

@aparichit
Bro, for this info, you got to read modding section properly.. There are numerous threads about it.. this thread is only here to clarify your doubts not to teach u how to do it.. Sorry.. Try first and if you have any problem.. I am here to help..

@brenoopy
Bro., I heard you can have that, but you it's a lengthy process. First u need to download a firmware which has this language, then you need to copy all ur langage file to rofs and then update it..

@harish
Till now it's not possible.

abhra
29th March 2010, 22:42
i'm wondering-could it be possible to improve the quality of the images of nokia5800 with cooked f/w?is windows absolutely necessary for this?i'm using ubuntu;could i do this?

nicesoni_ash
30th March 2010, 11:57
@abhra
What do you mean by quality of Images.., if that means quality of camera., sure you can.. without even a cooked firmware.. There is a patch available for this.., about ubuntu., well I doubt I ever heard running Phoenix or JAF in ubuntu.. so it's kinda necessary to have Windows though I am not 100% sure about this..

itsmechg
30th March 2010, 21:53
hi.. i need Nokia 6210 Navigator Firmware (MODED), Current Version of firmware version v4.13

nicesoni_ash
31st March 2010, 09:31
@itsmechg
This is not a place where you can request modded firmware.. this is a place where you can clear out your doubts while creating a modding firmware..

profdrahhen
1st April 2010, 05:06
can you show me full guide to cook my own firmware?

i had installed nokia editor.. extract da rofs2, but inside too much files..

i want to delete all default installation application while want to put some.

n97, BASE FIRMWARE: RM-505_21.0.045_prd.rofs2.V19

i also had tried install others people cook firmware, but result alway a dead phone...

nicesoni_ash
1st April 2010, 11:07
@profdrahhen
As I already said bro, this is a thread to clear your doubts.. not to explain it..

However let me answer you.. Right now there is no way to remove app coz you can't edit and repack Core files which has all the preinstalled files... Well you can always put your questions about your dead phone in the same thread which firmware you used..

You can put some apps in rofs file of course, just extract all the files of a sis and put them in your rofs folder according to the folders.. Hope it will help..

CHANDARAKK
2nd April 2010, 07:53
what problem with n97?
i add rp to RM-505_21.0.102_prd.rofs2.V26 and flash with jaf all ok phone is hack but when i install first with unsign app it ok and again i install but it say can not install and can not remove other app too befor i add rp to uda are all work fine but now i try with rofs2 have some bug what problem with rofs2 i use beta6

nicesoni_ash
2nd April 2010, 10:58
@CHANDARAKK
I saw this error complained by so many users, but I can hardly answer that., could be a problem of the tool you are using.., it's better if you try some other tool.. like may be Il.Socio or Adonix one..

CHANDARAKK
3rd April 2010, 14:26
Thank bro for ur reply but i try alot toll but not good on rosf2 or rosf3 so am confuse but now i back to uda work well

aparichit
9th April 2010, 00:23
Have patience my friend..

@aparichit
Bro, for this info, you got to read modding section properly.. There are numerous threads about it.. this thread is only here to clarify your doubts not to teach u how to do it.. Sorry.. Try first and if you have any problem.. I am here to help..

@brenoopy
Bro., I heard you can have that, but you it's a lengthy process. First u need to download a firmware which has this language, then you need to copy all ur langage file to rofs and then update it..

@harish
Till now it's not possible.

thanks for your replay nicesoni_ash
but from where should i start ......
from updating my phone software

Khantastic
9th April 2010, 04:36
thanks for your replay nicesoni_ash
but from where should i start ......
from updating my phone software

first of all you have to select which firmware you want to install, in my opinion, or if you need my opinion i advice you not to install any cfw but just hack your firmware and then install the stuff you need as all the cfw's do have some bugs... any way, when you are decided which fw to install then follow the procedure mentioned here..

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

ahariadi
23rd April 2010, 13:03
Thx for this trit to nicesoni_ash..
I'll cook my fw.. But for uda file (nokia 6120)..
My question.
Can i add language from difference area.? For ex.. I'll add or replace jappanese (apac) and arabic (mea)..
Thx for answering..

nicesoni_ash
23rd April 2010, 13:21
@ahariadi
Yup, you can but not in uda file but in language (rofs) file bro.

Cybergamer
26th April 2010, 16:22
Can i get a cfw for my 5230???

Cybergamer
19th May 2010, 19:17
Hi experts,
Sorry for makng a new thread... I wanna ask that wenever i flash my phne with my own cfw, everythng works fyn but wen it comes to removng/uninstallng any app, my installer shows 'removing failed'
I dnt undrstand y it shows that... Wheather i put rp lite files or mod my whole fw with mod files, my phn simply refuses to uninstall any app...
So wat cud be the problem? Any solution?

pantha007
20th May 2010, 18:46
Have you removed QuickOffice and Adobe PDF by any chance ??? I had that problem when i removed these (If so try leaving them in and test your CFW) HTH

nicesoni_ash
23rd May 2010, 21:51
@pantha007
Wait for PNHT new release tool for cooked firmware and hope that that will support CORE modding.. else your cooked firmware will keep giving you troubles..

@Cybergamer
I saw so many users having this problem and till now no complete solution found for this problem. This problem could be because of any reason., something wrong while creating the cooked firmware or something.. :(

SKOLIKS
25th May 2010, 00:28
Hello is there any full manual for coocked firmware for Sony Ericsson Vivaz u5?

Vampiro1306
4th June 2010, 21:14
which file should i modify so as to have louder music output on the phone? (am not talking about the earphone)

nicesoni_ash
5th June 2010, 08:39
@Vampiro1306
Please ask questions about cooked firmware here...

Vampiro1306
5th June 2010, 08:55
sorry bro , but zats wat am doing...i want to cook my own 5800 firmware, and i just want to know which files shoud be modified to get wat i want...sorry again...

nicesoni_ash
5th June 2010, 09:01
Well this questions in not related on how to make a cooked firmware and we discuss only this question here.., for your questions, may be you should put your question in your phone specific section and hope someone will help you out there.. or try to put your question in modding section but only in Help thread.. (The sticky one).

Thanks.

Vampiro1306
5th June 2010, 11:58
Well this questions in not related on how to make a cooked firmware and we discuss only this question here.., for your questions, may be you should put your question in your phone specific section and hope someone will help you out there.. or try to put your question in modding section but only in Help thread.. (The sticky one).

ok got it bro...thx a lot...

nicesoni_ash
23rd June 2010, 21:29
@futien
Please post your question in Firmware related section not in this thread as this thread is only about cooked firmware related questions.. Please stick to the thread.

Offtopic comments removed. Thanks.

khosi
26th June 2010, 23:32
any1 got cooked firmware for
Nokia E66
Rm-343

rm343_410.21.010.08U

or what program can i use to make the cooked file ? thx

thx ..

nicesoni_ash
28th June 2010, 19:59
@khosi
Use PNHT/Adonix's app for creating cooked firmware, please search modding section for proper app and if you face any problem, post them here.

iceqb
1st July 2010, 14:59
Hi i have N97 firmware RM-505_21.0.045_prd.rofs2 for my fone. How do i cook firmware, searched forum & no help on how to add/ remove software or add rompatcher+. Anyone can help?

nicesoni_ash
1st July 2010, 15:59
@iceqb
You didn't search modding section proper, you have to use Adonix/PNHT tool's to create modded firmware.

iceqb
1st July 2010, 18:14
ive followed your post, but still dont find any info on how to add your own apps

nicesoni_ash
1st July 2010, 19:07
Just extract all the apps through any sis extractor like SisContents and put all files according to it to your rofs directory.., I hope if you know the basics of creating cooked firmware, you would understand what I mean.., although adding any app is not possible but a limited ones only.. (I don't have the list, you gotto try that yourself)

iceqb
1st July 2010, 21:29
all i need to know is to get rompatcher working, added 2 files to bin folder but rplite gives certificate error when trying to install

---------- Post added at 19:29 ----------
---------- Previous post was at 19:28 ----------

will try sign online & check back

CHANDARAKK
2nd July 2010, 02:50
all i need to know is to get rompatcher working, added 2 files to folder but rplite gives certificate error when trying to install

---------- Post added at 19:29 ----------
---------- Previous post was at 19:28 ----------

will try sign online & check back

u can try with this method

or if u still dont know how to do just upload ur rofs2 i do for u

iceqb
2nd July 2010, 11:38
Hey Thanks mate :), will cooked firmware work with latest released firmware (out last nite)?

---------- Post added at 09:38 ----------
---------- Previous post was at 09:25 ----------

also dont know if this is correct topic, but my fone is 0584965 & no new firmware for this type, which firmware would be compatible with it? ive been using 0570817 EURO. just wanted to know if there are other that are compatible.

nicesoni_ash
2nd July 2010, 12:38
Please don't go offtopic, ask only cooked firmware related questions here..

johnzzz
2nd July 2010, 12:49
Is there any other sources other than NAVIFIRM to get firmware cz right now my firmware is not in the NAVIFIRM database. (RM505 V21.0.105 APAC). I would like to cook my firmware

dakz03
2nd July 2010, 12:59
does anybody here knows how to set up the theme effects turned on by default?

parthsut
10th September 2010, 12:09
there are two *.fpsx files in my original firmware files.
one is RM-555_12.0.110_C01_prd.rofs3.fpsx and other is RM555_12.0.110_uda_2_001.uda.fpsx ..
which one to replace..??
help...

Khantastic
10th September 2010, 13:37
obviously the one you downloaded.. i mean if your downloaded file is named *.uda.fpsx then replace *.uda.fpsx or the downloaded file is *.rofs3.fpsx then replace accordingly

parthsut
10th September 2010, 13:43
Thanks.
i downloaded the JAF but when i open it, it gives me a error " PKEY DONGLE NOT DETECTED, PLEASE INSERT ACTIVATED DONGLE"
WHAT TO DO.?

EDIT:
solved this problem of p-key but now when i flash my phone with JAF all worked fine till end but atlast i got " phone not found ".
detailed procedure of JAF;

JAF version 1.98.62
Detected PKEY: 90009699
Card life counter: 99.99%
P-key nokia module version 01.02
FBUS INTERFACE NOT CONNECTED!!!
USB Cable Driver version: 7.1.29.0
Changing mode...Done!
FILES SET FOR FLASHING:
MCU Flash file: NONE
PPM Flash file: NONE
CNT Flash file: NONE
APE Variant file: NONE
Searching for JAF saved location of ini...
Checking path: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-555\

Searching for default location of ini...
Checking path: \Products\RM-555\
Scanning ini files...
FILES SET FOR FLASHING:
MCU Flash file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-555\RM-555_12.0.110_prd.core.C00
PPM Flash file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-555\RM-555_12.0.110_prd.rofs2.V24
CNT Flash file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-555\RM-555_12.0.110_C01_prd.rofs3.fpsx
APE Variant file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-555\RM555_12.0.110_uda_2_001.uda.fpsx
Languages in ppm: English,Thailand,India,Indonisia,Bangladesh
Detected P-KEY: 90009699
Init usb communication...
PRESS POWER ON NOW!
Searching for phone...Found
Sending RAW loader...
Using 009.012.005
Elf2flash 09.24.000
CMT RAW loader...
Patching RAW boot step1...
Patching RAW boot step2...
Patching RAW boot step3...
Sending RAW Loader...
....................Loader Sent!
Stage 2 starting..................PUBKEYS already sent...
PUBKEYS already sent...
PUBKEYS already sent...
PUBKEYS already sent...
PUBKEYS already sent...
...........Phone prepared OK!
Waiting for the phone to boot...
Searching for phone...
Status byte: 8000
Selecting CMT flash...
Result: 0000
Phone is in flash mode...
CMT blocks: 583, APE blocks: 0
Erasing cmt...
Processing C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-555\RM-555_12.0.110_prd.core.C00...
Erasing cmt zone 00040000 - 00082FFF ... Erase result: 0000
Erasing cmt zone 00083400 - 003FFFFF ... Erase result: 0000
Erasing cmt zone 00800000 - 00D5FFFF ... Erase result: 0000
Erasing cmt zone 00D60000 - 0D39FFFF ... Erase result: 0000
Partition result: 0014
Processing C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-555\RM-555_12.0.110_prd.rofs2.V24...
Erasing cmt zone 094A0000 - 0C49FFFF ... Erase result: 0000
Processing C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-555\RM-555_12.0.110_C01_prd.rofs3.fpsx...
Erasing cmt zone 0C4A0000 - 0D39FFFF ... Erase result: 0000
Processing C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-555\RM555_12.0.110_uda_2_001.uda.fpsx...
Erasing cmt zone 0D3A0000 - 1EF7FFFF ... Erase result: 0000
Send CMT CFG...

Writing cmt...
Processing C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-555\RM-555_12.0.110_prd.core.C00...
Sending CMT HASH for ADA
Sending CMT HASH for KEYS
Sending CMT HASH for PRIMAPP
Sending CMT HASH for RAP3NAND
Sending CMT HASH for PASUBTOC
cmt->PAPUB_CERTIFICATE_DATA_BB5 block detected
cmt->PAPUB_CERTIFICATE_DATA_BB5 block detected, sending...
cmt->PAPUB keys already sent...
Sending CMT HASH for SOS*UPDAPP
Sending CMT HASH for SOS*DSP0
Sending CMT HASH for SOS*ISASW
Sending CMT HASH for SOS+CORE
Sending CMT HASH for SOS+ROFS1
Processing C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-555\RM-555_12.0.110_prd.rofs2.V24...
Sending CMT HASH for SOS+ROFS2
Write result 27: 1701
Processing C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-555\RM-555_12.0.110_C01_prd.rofs3.fpsx...
Sending CMT HASH for SOS+ROFS3
Processing C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-555\RM555_12.0.110_uda_2_001.uda.fpsx...
Rebooting...
Finishing CMT session...
Restarting CMT...
Pooling phone...
Phone not found...
Done!

anubhav123
10th September 2010, 23:19
Thanks.
i downloaded the JAF but when i open it, it gives me a error " PKEY DONGLE NOT DETECTED, PLEASE INSERT ACTIVATED DONGLE"
WHAT TO DO.?

EDIT:
solved this problem of p-key but now when i flash my phone with JAF all worked fine till end but atlast i got " phone not found ".
detailed procedure of JAF;

JAF version 1.98.62
USB Cable Driver version: 7.1.29.0
Changing mode...Done!
FILES SET FOR FLASHING:

Scanning ini files...
FILES SET FOR FLASHING:
MCU Flash file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-555\RM-555_12.0.110_prd.core.C00
PPM Flash file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-555\RM-555_12.0.110_prd.rofs2.V24
CNT Flash file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-555\RM-555_12.0.110_C01_prd.rofs3.fpsx
APE Variant file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-555\RM555_12.0.110_uda_2_001.uda.fpsx
Languages in ppm: English,Thailand,India,Indonisia,Bangladesh
PRESS POWER ON NOW!
Sending RAW loader...
Using 009.012.005
Elf2flash 09.24.000
CMT RAW loader...
Patching RAW boot step1...
Patching RAW boot step2...
Patching RAW boot step3...
Sending RAW Loader...
....................Loader Sent!
Stage 2 starting..................PUBKEYS already sent...
PUBKEYS already sent...
PUBKEYS already sent...
PUBKEYS already sent...
PUBKEYS already sent...
...........Phone prepared OK!
Waiting for the phone to boot...
Searching for phone...
Status byte: 8000
Selecting CMT flash...
Result: 0000
Phone is in flash mode...
CMT blocks: 583, APE blocks: 0
Erasing cmt...
Erasing cmt zone 00040000 - 00082FFF ... Erase result: 0000
Erasing cmt zone 00083400 - 003FFFFF ... Erase result: 0000
Erasing cmt zone 00800000 - 00D5FFFF ... Erase result: 0000
Erasing cmt zone 00D60000 - 0D39FFFF ... Erase result: 0000
Partition result: 0014
Erasing cmt zone 094A0000 - 0C49FFFF ... Erase result: 0000
Erasing cmt zone 0C4A0000 - 0D39FFFF ... Erase result: 0000
Erasing cmt zone 0D3A0000 - 1EF7FFFF ... Erase result: 0000
Send CMT CFG...

Writing cmt...
Sending CMT HASH for ADA
Sending CMT HASH for KEYS
Sending CMT HASH for PRIMAPP
Sending CMT HASH for RAP3NAND
Sending CMT HASH for PASUBTOC
cmt->PAPUB_CERTIFICATE_DATA_BB5 block detected, sending...
Sending CMT HASH for SOS*UPDAPP
Sending CMT HASH for SOS*DSP0
Sending CMT HASH for SOS*ISASW
Sending CMT HASH for SOS+CORE
Sending CMT HASH for SOS+ROFS1
Sending CMT HASH for SOS+ROFS2
Sending CMT HASH for SOS+ROFS3
Rebooting...
Finishing CMT session...
Restarting CMT...
Pooling phone...
Phone not found...
Done!

I suggest u to change ur USB port & flash again. I had similar kind of problem a way back & i solved that by changing the port.

Hope this is helpful for u.

parthsut
11th September 2010, 11:51
I suggest u to change ur USB port & flash again. I had similar kind of problem a way back & i solved that by changing the port.

Hope this is helpful for u.

ya... thanks... i did it..... thnks a lot...

ithompson
21st September 2010, 18:44
Is there no n97 RM-507 V22 cfw for us NAM users? What is up with dat? The only one i've found is HSNPERSIA and I can't get it to install on my n97 at all....

cyberd00d
23rd September 2010, 09:07
A quick question... Does installing a custom version invalidate Nokia warranty?

anubhav123
23rd September 2010, 09:14
A quick question... Does installing a custom version invalidate Nokia warranty?

I guess, yes. installing a custom version invalidates Nokia warranty.

help6220c
23rd September 2010, 12:23
I tried to update my 6220 classic to the latest Nokia firmware.
During the update, the program/pc lost connection to the phone,
and now it wont boot at all. The display dosent even light up.
If I connect it to the PC its clear that its trying to boot up.
The pc detects the phone but then it drops off again.
If I move the phone to a new PC it finds all the hardware in the phone,
but it ends up as above - it does not stay on but boots and boots and
boots .....

What can be done ?

rilley
24th September 2010, 08:39
A simple question, i need fast answer, i have 5800 v11 c6 cfw

I want to disable popuclock.exe(slideunlock) from auto start up ... is in starter_non_critical_1 but if i edit popupclock.exe to ...clock.ex$ and put the file in c resource after restart phone, the file still starts, i think i need to put the starter_non_critical_1 to ROFS3 the Z drive..... how can i do it with jaf only to update the file, not reflash the phone?

CHANDARAKK
24th September 2010, 10:33
A simple question, i need fast answer, i have 5800 v11 c6 cfw

I want to disable popuclock.exe(slideunlock) from auto start up ... is in starter_non_critical_1 but if i edit popupclock.exe to ...clock.ex$ and put the file in c resource after restart phone, the file still starts, i think i need to put the starter_non_critical_1 to ROFS3 the Z drive..... how can i do it with jaf only to update the file, not reflash the phone?

C6 cwf on 5800 no rofs3 so if u want put ur starter_non in Z u need put in rofs2 use NFEstd and need reflash via jaf

Ronitvohra
24th September 2010, 10:37
I guess, yes. installing a custom version invalidates Nokia warranty.

Well, if you install a CFW and in future you face any problem you can roll back to the original firmware and get your handset repaired under Warranty.

rilley
24th September 2010, 10:55
C6 cwf on 5800 no rofs3 so if u want put ur starter_non in Z u need put in rofs2 use NFEstd and need reflash via jaf

And i need to reflash, thats meen i will need to install all my applications again?

Or you can simply update the file from Z drive, with JAF?

CHANDARAKK
24th September 2010, 11:04
And i need to reflash, thats meen i will need to install all my applications again?

Or you can simply update the file from Z drive, with JAF?

only that way that let u put or edit somthing in Z u need to reinstall ur app again

Ikhlaq737373
24th September 2010, 20:56
Recently i bought nokia5235 handset and was very sad to know that it had no software update available.my question is if can update nokia5230 firmware 20.0.005 rm 588 on my nokia 5235?when there will be next firmware available for my nokia5235?
Friends, i need urgent help.i think the main problem is the product code of 5235.obediently i request if and how i can change the product code and will then be there any chance to update my phone.
Atleast give me the links to the posts where i can find the best answers to my questions

Many Many Thanks To All IPMARTIANS

@Ikhlaq737373 ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) You dont have to start separate topic and double post everywhere.

Another dup post deleted.

johnnohjat
25th September 2010, 15:22
Is there any firmware for 5800 RM-356 which support Chinese input?? I even tried Dayhand, but I can't write in Chinese...

aliennastik
5th October 2010, 08:07
which data cable we have to use to connect n96...... the default one or we have to use any special.... help me....

Ronitvohra
5th October 2010, 08:39
which data cable we have to use to connect n96...... the default one or we have to use any special.... help me....

Default one .

khgm08
8th October 2010, 19:57
Hello can i find cooked firm ware for e 75
v 21 rm-412 i searched on this forum but no result. Thanksm

yesh1683
10th October 2010, 09:51
Where can i get CFW for C6, all i find is C6 firmware modded for 5800, i need CFW for C6.. is modded c6 firmware for 5800 work for C6 handsets..
waiting for replies

Ronitvohra
10th October 2010, 13:36
Where can i get CFW for C6, all i find is C6 firmware modded for 5800, i need CFW for C6.. is modded c6 firmware for 5800 work for C6 handsets..
waiting for replies

Probably very few that too are not good. Reasons :

1. No one is NOW buying C6 due to Android myth.
2. C6 cost the same which C6-00 gonna cost in next 1-2 months, though C6-00 will have S^3.
3. 5800XM is/was the best selling device for Nokia.

4. Try to make a CFW for yourself and do share with us.

preton
11th October 2010, 21:28
I want do Hack for N8 (copy rompatcher to rom .fspx), but rom cant opened look screen
open ...
but error
please help me thanx

Nokian77
11th October 2010, 22:23
To cook uda.fspx use Nokia Cooker 0.4
or try with NFE2Std for rofs2/rofs3 for permanent hack

MirceaCML
11th October 2010, 23:05
You could flash your phone with new firmware. I've done this at my phone cause i had the same problem and it worked. See flash tutorials on this site. Good luck.

alidq
12th October 2010, 01:13
e71 v410.21.010

i got cer and key. first i installed hello ox2 v2.03 i thought i have hacked successfully so i installed software but error appears "Certificate Error. Contact the application supplier". then open hello ox2 froom installation two option appears
1) unhack my mobile
2) hack my mobil again.

i choose 2 and hacked again but it was stucked on unpacking files. then remove hello OX2. then i got another procedure installed mapdrivesigned.sis then after i again installed hello ox2 but same error appeared "Certificate Error. Contact the application supplier". then choose option 1 unhack my mobile it was stucked on removing root cer.

now kindly help me what to do ? i would be greatfull to you.

alidq
12th October 2010, 01:14
i got cer and key. first i installed hello ox2 v2.03 i thought i have hacked successfully so i installed software but error appears "Certificate Error. Contact the application supplier". then open hello ox2 froom installation two option appears
1) unhack my mobile
2) hack my mobil again.

i choose 2 and hacked again but it was stucked on unpacking files. then remove hello OX2. then i got another procedure installed mapdrivesigned.sis then after i again installed hello ox2 but same error appeared "Certificate Error. Contact the application supplier". then choose option 1 unhack my mobile it was stucked on removing root cer.

now kindly help me what to do ? i would be greatfull to you.

Kosmiklove
12th October 2010, 02:15
you must copy rompatcher to rofs2

amin_pwa
12th October 2010, 09:05
i want to write a mod for enable auto focus in 5800 when i record a video ( 5800 have auto focus when you take image , but i want to enable it when record a video ).
i find a apps for enable auto fucos in video for i8910 but that apps not work in 5800 , how can i write new apps or make a new app for 5800 .

Ronitvohra
12th October 2010, 11:13
the low 3.2mp camera of 5800xm, and less CPU support as compared to i8910 ARM Cortex A8 600 MHz and i8910 PowerVR SGX graphics. I don't think there is a mod available that is capable of production autofocus video recording with 5800xm.

amin_pwa
12th October 2010, 11:32
really .........

perhaps it can do that , for example record video with auto focus in low fram or other format or lower size , so i think if we do this it can do that , isn't that ?

Ronitvohra
12th October 2010, 11:35
really .........

perhaps it can do that , for example record video with auto focus in low fram or other format or lower size , so i think if we do this it can do that , isn't that ?

Sorry to say, but as per my knowledge the answer to your question is No. Might some modder can make a mod for this, but according to me, its not possible to add autofocus in video recording.

Ronitvohra
12th October 2010, 11:39
waiting for replies

you can get few CFW's here :

amin_pwa
13th October 2010, 08:44
thanks , but can you say me how can i make a mod for my phone , a book or a help file , i want to make that , i try to make that , perhaps can do that !
please say me a help file or a book to know about that ?
thanks.

manan001
13th October 2010, 14:16
i dont want lifeblog
music store
podcasting
im
shareonline
quickoffice
adobe pdf
all this i dont want as it occupies lot of space

pleasee can anyone create proper firmware faster and reliable.?:ilove:

Ikhlaq737373
13th October 2010, 20:34
Friends, i had already enquired for my problem but no ipmartian helped me appropriately till now.
So.once again i want to know if i can flash 5230's fw 21.1.006 on my 5235 as the rm version of both phones is the same.do i need to change the product code also to flash this firmware ?

Khantastic
13th October 2010, 20:54
Friends, i had already enquired for my problem but no ipmartian helped me appropriately till now.
So.once again i want to know if i can flash 5230's fw 21.1.006 on my 5235 as the rm version of both phones is the same.do i need to change the product code also to flash this firmware ?

no one yet tested this, having same RM is not the criteria i guess, c6 fw we are seeing for 5800 are not exact but they are modded for 5800..

Ronitvohra
13th October 2010, 21:38

Your question was answered here :

but rather than discussing your doubts further, you keep posting again and again :

i also edited and replied to your post that you don't have to start another topic again, and deleted your duplicate posts.

To answer your query, No you cant flash firmware of one phone to another with both RM, I am saying this as no one has tried it though but you can try it yourself and post results here, so others might feel interested in modding etc.

PS: Do it on your own risk.

PM you regarding this post.

Ikhlaq737373
14th October 2010, 08:52
A person named aurora13 has successfully updated after changing product code.basically both these phones are just the same.then what stops flashing 5235 with 21.1.006.give answer with reasons

Ronitvohra
14th October 2010, 15:00
A person named aurora13 in dailymobileforum who has successfully updated after changing product code.basically both these phones are just the same.then what stops flashing 5235 with 21.1.006.give answer with reasons

You can't flash a 5233/5/8 with 5230 core+rofs2+rofs3 files
You have to use the core file for your 5233/5/8 and repack the 5230 rofs2 and rofs3 files as 5233/5/8 ones
For a [custom] Firmware there are 4 components; UDA (which is phones C Drive [phone mem]), CORE (which contains the most important files, ROFS2 (languages and other files) and ROFS3 (other files, usually themes in OFW)If you wanna give it a try, try changing your product code and then flash the firmware with NSU. if they are same RM's probably you wont brick the device.

You know how to change the product code ? If not, you can search and will find tutorials how to change the code, once you change the product code, upgrade your firmware with Nokia Software Updater.

Ikhlaq737373
14th October 2010, 15:26
Thanks Ronitvohra ji.But still i am confused.Now i had found about 4to5 persons on net that have successfully updated their 5235 just by flashing it with 5230's firmware and that too without changing product code.What about all of them.they say that if the rm version is the same then their is no risk of bricking the phone?Secondly, you are saying that 5235 have same fw rofs files as that of 5233 etc.i searched a lot on web and found only one thing that 5235 and 5230 are one and same thing.also the current firmware of 5235 12.6.092 was once available for 5230.Also u say that change the product code to 5230's one and update via nsu as there is no new fw available for 5235.but what nsu will do is also exactly the same.it will recognize my phone as 5230 and just will flash it .then what's wrong going with jaf????
Brother, u are talking of repacking 5230's rofs files to that of 5235 or 523X.how to do that????

Ronitvohra
14th October 2010, 17:48
Thanks Ronitvohra ji.But still i am confused.Now i had found about 4to5 persons on net that have successfully updated their 5235 just by flashing it with 5230's firmware and that too without changing product code.What about all of them.they say that if the rm version is the same then their is no risk of bricking the phone?Secondly, you are saying that 5235 have same fw rofs files as that of 5233 etc.i searched a lot on web and found only one thing that 5235 and 5230 are one and same thing.also the current firmware of 5235 12.6.092 was once available for 5230.Also u say that change the product code to 5230's one and update via nsu as there is no new fw available for 5235.but what nsu will do is also exactly the same.it will recognize my phone as 5230 and just will flash it .then what's wrong going with jaf????
Brother, u are talking of repacking 5230's rofs files to that of 5235 or 523X.how to do that????

Let me make this clearer to you then :

EDITED: You can see the flash guide tutorial here :

2. If you are not familiar with jaf, you can change your product code and then flash it with Nokia Software Update.

Let me know if anything else I can help you with.

Ikhlaq737373
14th October 2010, 19:07
Thanks mate.Now u are on the correct line.so u mean that flashing 5235 with 5230's firmware is ok then why u said in ur previous reply that 5235 can't be flashed with 5230's rofs and other fw files.Are u sure about ur current reply?should i go for original 5230 21.6.005 fw files and flash them on my 5235 without changing pr. code using jaf or should i opt for a cfw.Which is more safer?
Also tell me where's the thanks button i will hit it for a week for u.Thanks....Thanks...Thanks...Thanks...

Ronitvohra
14th October 2010, 19:39
Now u are on the correct line.so u mean that flashing 5235 with 5230's firmware is ok Thanks for letting me know that now I'm on the correct link..:rofl:

why u said in ur previous reply that 5235 can't be flashed with 5230's rofs and other fw files.because you MAY brick your phone as I never seen people trying to do it , only few did it so there is no confirmation that its TRUE.

PS: I dont want you blaming me back that it brick my phone..So rather than making false promises, its better to be straight NO. I also wrote somewhere- if you read carefully- you should try doing it and do post results here.

For you: I am posting again : :)
To answer your query, No you cant flash firmware of one phone to another with both RM, I am saying this as no one has tried it though but you can try it yourself and post results here, so others might feel interested in modding etc.

Are u sure about ur current reply?
lol, is it that difficult to flash it than you still asking a confirmation? Go ahead and post results.

should i go for original 5230 21.6.005 fw files and flash them on my 5235 without changing pr. code using jaf or should i opt for a cfw.Which is more safer?jaf method is easier.

Thanks mate.
Also tell me where's the thanks button i will hit it for a week for u.Thanks....Thanks...Thanks...Thanks...

you already said "thanks" and that is enough :D

Ikhlaq737373
14th October 2010, 20:30
Final message.What finally u think i should do to have a new fw on my 5235?
Also u don't replied on how to pack 5230's rofs files to 5235's.
Is the custom firmware a right choice?
Also i think u don't know that around the web the same custom fws are released for both 5230 and 5235.what's that?examples can be found on a2phone.com

Ronitvohra
14th October 2010, 21:31
Final message.What finally u think i should do to have a new fw on my 5235?
flash it with jaf

Also u don't replied on how to pack 5230's rofs files to 5235's.

I dont own any of the handsets :) Ask others who actually own 1. Sorry.

Is the custom firmware a right choice?
Its your own choice what do you want.

Also i think u don't know that around the web the same custom fws are released for both 5230 and 5235.what's that?examples can be found on a2phone.com

Thanks for your information:) To make your knowledge more wider- there are few firmware that works on :Nokia 5800,5530,X6,5230,5233,5235,5228".*cough* *cough* all of them :) Google it..this is the best advice for you :)

Flash and enjoy your new firmware :)

Ikhlaq737373
15th October 2010, 05:02
Thanks again.i will definitely post the results within one day.

nicesoni_ash
15th October 2010, 11:41
Custom firmwares for most of the 3rd edition devices except N86 is not possible .. so forget about it buddy and try to get a new one. ;)

oligarh
16th October 2010, 18:28
Could someone please post a UDA file for Nokia E73 to open it? Is that the same as Nokia E72?

Thanks in advance.

Ikhlaq737373
17th October 2010, 18:56
Has any one run jaf successfully on vista.can anyone tell me which version to use in windows vista

nicesoni_ash
17th October 2010, 21:00
@Ikhlaq737373
Use any version, just when you use the Emulator, change it's compatibility to Windows XP SP3 in it's compatibility properties..

antares666
18th October 2010, 17:03
I have a question. Maybe, the wrong thread, but I don't know where to ask...
Please, can anyboby castomise the "nokia wireless keyboard" ( [Only registered and activated users can see links] ) for sony-ericsson vivaz?
It does'nt install, because the vivaz's system is unhacked. OPDA-certificate can't help - "only nokia devices".
I tryed to do this by siscontent, but not success :(

soyab0007
22nd October 2010, 10:04
Is there any cooked firmware available for nokia E61i

heartplunder
23rd October 2010, 09:04
hi to all..i want to hack my E5-00..RM-632..software version 042.007..plz help.. if anyone know how to hack e5-00...and i want to stream a *.m3u link..anyone know which player is able to play *.m3u file?...thanks

manuvaidya
26th October 2010, 23:54
hi guys, honestly speaking i really didnt find any thread or useful link which guides me to the best custom firmware for my nokia E52. I would like to know which method works to hack it & install best & speedy firmware....
Kindly anyone pls guide me... I am desperate to try it out :chairdance:

billy_m
28th October 2010, 18:53
Hi all,

i know you lot must get this alot but i dont know where to start flashing the n97 im a desire owner myself and know everything about android but nothing about symbian if someone could give me a small step by step guide to putting this CustomFirmWare N97 v21.0.xx & v22.0.110 Created by Pirates_Killer on my mates phone i would be very much appreciated and if all goes well might even donate some money for your time ;) the firmware on the phone is v21.0.102 custom version 21.0.102.213.04.

thank you in advance

m3hm00d
28th October 2010, 20:16
Run pkey Emulator from desktop
Click OK on the dialog that appears, then When J.A.F will start

Go to 'bb5'tab

Make it look almost like the picture below
(Tick - Manual Flash, Dead USB ) (Untick - 'CRT 308', Normal mode)
Tick 'USE INI'

Then a list will appear containing all phone models like the picture below
Select The phone Which You want to flash and connect it to your pc after Switching it OFF.

Click on flash

Then Click YES when a dialog appears like on the picture below
Now Just press the Power Button on your phone a little (just for about 1 second).

Flashing will start and will complete soon and you'll see a DONE msg in JAF window .

Now remove the phone and Take our battery and put it back and switch your phone On.

And Now you have a Customised Phone.

NOTE: Instead of process from step 15 you can also use this process

just rename .core.C00 to .c0r first and then untick "use ini" option and then manually select the files
1_MCU:C0r
2_ppm: rofs2
3_CNT: rof3
4_APE.: uda

billy_m
28th October 2010, 23:38
thanks for the quick reply, and i know im a total noob but what do i do with this file RM-505_22.0.110_C01_prd.rofs3 or the extracted version RM-505_22.0.110_C01_prd.rofs3.fpsx :S

Khantastic
29th October 2010, 06:28
thanks for the quick reply, and i know im a total noob but what do i do with this file RM-505_22.0.110_C01_prd.rofs3 or the extracted version RM-505_22.0.110_C01_prd.rofs3.fpsx :S

you can follow this thread

you have to rename and replace the original files of your's with these two you mentioned...

uglyorgan
29th October 2010, 06:51
hey guys,im a noob here.im facing some problems in flashing my n97 mini.its now on v12,so i want 2 flash with cfw.i've done evrting in the tutorial,n read posts in the forum on how to flash.the problem is when i click on flash in jaf,the warning appear but the MCU: and PPM: section is empty.when i click yes,it says "Can't detect flashing server!" at status and result in jaf.i even try select the files manually as m3hm00d says above,but still the same thing happen.can u guys help me.
tanx in advance..

ankitsut
30th October 2010, 08:20
hi anyone can post cfw for my nokia e63..rm-437 ruby red 500.21.009 please..bcoz with helloox now phone is not hackable..please

Kamal_saran
31st October 2010, 09:53
hello brother is there any cfw available for nokia c5 by the help of which it can be hacked and i can set a flash homescreen. Please help

draligus
31st October 2010, 20:11
i have been looking for the same thing. I need custom clean software. I hope we can find.

I found a program "nokia fw cleaner". This is what we look for. But it is only in russian. No english version. If we can find english versin then we will be able to do exactly what we want.

Ikhlaq737373
1st November 2010, 14:58
Today i tried to flash my
phone on a windowsxp pc.the
jafv1.98.62 worked fine.i done
everything right but each time got
the following error.
JAF version 1.98.62
Detected PKEY: 90009B6C
FBUS INTERFACE NOT
CONNECTED!!!
USB Cable Driver version:
Changing mode...Done!
FILES SET FOR FLASHING:
Searching for JAF saved
location of ini...
Checking path: C:\Program Files
\Nokia\Phoenix\Products
\RM-588\
Searching for default location of
ini...
Checking path: \Products
\RM-588\
Searching for JAF saved
location of ini...
Checking path: C:\Program Files
\Nokia\Phoenix\Products
\RM-588\
No ini files found...
FILES SET FOR FLASHING:
Can u tell me why it is so.is it due
to not choosing proper ini file?
I have checked about thousand times to see whether the directory is right.the path is C: \Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-588
Ikhlaq737373

CHANDARAKK
2nd November 2010, 01:53
@Ikhlaq737373
if u have problem with not autodetect just use manual select
1_mcu=cor
2_cnt=rofs2
3_ppm=rofs3 ,(for c6 cwf no need use this point)
4_Aperriant=uda

Aftab_khatri
2nd November 2010, 19:39
Please some1 mod e52 please, i searched in google but couldnt find it

Cheat Master
4th November 2010, 01:50
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to update my phone's flash using JAF (Nokia X6-00 RM-559)

I've downloaded all files by navifirm and did everything in mentioned in this thread

everything went cool until I hit Flash button, it loads all files then gets an annoying error and then terminates before flashing!

Here's the error:
the exception unkown software exception (0xc0000417) occurred in the application at location 0x005921d6

I don't know what is related with or how to fix it?

Thanks for your help...

P.S: sorry if I posted the topic in a different place than it's supposed to be

Aftab_khatri
4th November 2010, 08:58
Try jaf 10.98.62 with pkey in xp i tried on my friend's x6

Cheat Master
4th November 2010, 16:09
Try jaf 10.98.62 with pkey in xp i tried on my friend's x6

thx for reply...

I've re-downloaded the whole firmware and then re-installed it and it worked!

torsrex
6th November 2010, 12:39
Hi. I want to flash with c6 by pnht, but i don't want to loose all of my wifi passwords. I can't restore backup because then my internet will not work. Is there any way to copy a file, or find the password on the phone (5800)?

Ronitvohra
6th November 2010, 18:33
Hi. I want to flash with c6 by pnht, but i don't want to loose all of my wifi passwords. I can't restore backup because then my internet will not work. Is there any way to copy a file, or find the password on the phone (5800)?

I think there is no way to restore the settings from v51 of 5800 to c6 cfw after flashing as it will conflict. You can restore messages, contacts, notes and bookmarks but cant restore the wifi passwords and I was not able to find any way to check the store passwords.

btw: Nice query, maybe someone else knows a solution to this.

torsrex
7th November 2010, 00:59
Hi again!
I found the soulution to my problem!
I thought, the passwords must be on c.
So i used xplorer and copied all the files from c to e.
Then i went through every file on c (yes, everyone) and viewed them in notepad.
After about 2 hours i found out witch files it was.
The files are:
Private\100012a5\DBS_102072E9_eapol.dat
Private\10202BE9\PERSISTS\cccccc00.cre

this will work! (i've tested it on my nokia 5800)

To get it to work on c6 you just need to backup those two files before flashing, copy them back and restart.

anubhav123
7th November 2010, 01:43
Hi again!
I found the soulution to my problem!
I thought, the passwords must be on c.
So i used xplorer and copied all the files from c to e.
Then i went through every file on c (yes, everyone) and viewed them in notepad.
After about 2 hours i found out witch files it was.
The files are:
Private\100012a5\DBS_102072E9_eapol.dat
Private\10202BE9\PERSISTS\cccccc00.cre

this will work! (i've tested it on my nokia 5800)

To get it to work on c6 you just need to backup those two files before flashing, copy them back and restart.

Nice to hear that you've found solution for your own problem. It will really help the others as this is a new problem & solution.

Thnx 1ce again & rep added to you.

:thanks:

ankitsut
9th November 2010, 07:23
hi anyone please post cfw for nokia e63-1 ruby red please i want it....please,,,,,

its_uzair
10th November 2010, 13:57
anything of this sort possible for a vivaz pro (unhacked)

Super0020
11th November 2010, 02:56
hi i'm totally new at this cooked firmware thing, i tried everyting out there to hack my phone but nothing worked so i decided i'll flash it. I jus need to kw what is rofs2 and the whole process of 'cooking' step by step so i don't mess it up and brick my phone plz help me!!!!!!

ankitsut
12th November 2010, 10:50
Chandrakr is awsome many many salutes to him with his help i hacked my phone in india..many many reputation and many thanx to him....thanx Chandrakr thanx

UrbanSoul
17th November 2010, 13:28
When I tried to flash my N97-mini using JAF, the CFW couldn't be detected by the software and the green lights didn't light on. And then I manually chose the firmware after I checked Use INI box and started flashing my phone...
But it didn't work, there was an error reading rap ver! like the picture below...

Could someone tell me what's wrong with it?
Thanks before..

Ronitvohra
17th November 2010, 18:31
When I tried to flash my N97-mini using JAF, the CFW couldn't be detected by the software and the green lights didn't light on. And then I manually chose the firmware after I checked Use INI box and started flashing my phone...
But it didn't work, there was an error reading rap ver! like the picture below...

Could someone tell me what's wrong with it?
Thanks before..

you can select the files manually, but as per the picture you have not ticked "dead usb" tick it, and try reflash. it will work.

ringsaver
17th November 2010, 20:46
I Want To Ask Bro, Can I Add Omnia HS & Other HS Theme On Nokia C6-00??

anubhav123
17th November 2010, 20:51
I Want To Ask Bro, Can I Add Omnia HS & Other HS Theme On Nokia C6-00??

No, u cant add these hs to c6 fw as there is only one homescreen for c6 & c6 doesn't supports many homescreens.

anhar08
19th November 2010, 07:25
can anyone tell how to make n82 custom firmware by deleting/adding files to the firmware file?

arnab_das
19th November 2010, 18:41
here's a really interesting problem which i think many using ivo's N97 mini releases will/must have encountered.

ivo has changed the system font in drive Z: (i.e. in the ROM portion). now thats fine and even the changed font's really really good. however the thing is, the font isnt really suitable when it comes to "reading" things online.

now here's how one encounters the problem. opera mobile 10 has no font packages, it reads the font packs from the ROM. so basically, whatever comes with the ROM is the font opera mobile will use, regardless of what one did to E:\resources\fonts. as a result, the fonts in opera mobile is the same as the one ivo uses as the system font. and thats very difficult if one wants to "read" at length. i hope opera adds a font package to their mobile version. and opera doesnt allow changing of fonts in their mobile version.

(mind you this problem is there only for opera mobile and not for opera mini)

Khantastic
20th November 2010, 08:03
@arnab_das
simple solution is either to use some newer ver of ivo fw without fonts changed.. or re cook his fw using fw cooker.. and then flash it.. you can also try flipfont...

ankitsut
20th November 2010, 16:43
hi khantastic i flashed my nokia e63 with jaf cfw provided by chandrkar but today i want to revert back to my original firmware so i flashed my phone with my original firmware bu tafter all process done and wen i start my phone it stuck at white screen its not going ahed please help please if anyone have solution please help me...please

anubhav123
20th November 2010, 18:15
hi khantastic i flashed my nokia e63 with jaf cfw provided by chandrkar but today i want to revert back to my original firmware so i flashed my phone with my original firmware bu tafter all process done and wen i start my phone it stuck at white screen its not going ahed please help please if anyone have solution please help me...please

As ur saying that the flashing process completed sucessfully, i dont find any problem with flashing process. Maybe u should try reflashing ur phone again & see whether the same problem persists again.

ankitsut
20th November 2010, 19:52
As ur saying that the flashing process completed sucessfully, i dont find any problem with flashing process. Maybe u should try reflashing ur phone again & see whether the same problem persists again.

thanx for reply but i tried 2 times every time it says done but wen i start my phone it stuck at white screen.. please if u can help ..can u give me ur skype id we can chat for this prblm bcoz its very imprtant to start this phone..thanx..

anubhav123
20th November 2010, 20:35
thanx for reply but i tried 2 times every time it says done but wen i start my phone it stuck at white screen.. please if u can help ..can u give me ur skype id we can chat for this prblm bcoz its very imprtant to start this phone..thanx..

Sorry bro, but i dont have any skype id. about ur problem, can u give me a snap of ur jaf application before pressing the flash button & plz kindly provide me the flashing log so that i can understand yr problem.

ankitsut
21st November 2010, 09:05
Sorry bro, but i dont have any skype id. about ur problem, can u give me a snap of ur jaf application before pressing the flash button & plz kindly provide me the flashing log so that i can understand yr problem.

i attached screenshot and log please reply

waleedy
21st November 2010, 10:52
is there cfw for n95 8gb rm 320?i use 31.

Khantastic
21st November 2010, 12:20
@ankitsut
i guess nothing wrong with the flashing,, have you replaced correct files i mean all the original files?? 2ndly check if you are by mistake flashing previous ver.. but i think this is tooo oddd.. i guess you should try starting your phone without memory card...

anubhav123
21st November 2010, 12:22
i attached screenshot and log please reply

Bro, ur jaf log has no problem. The only problem i came to know is that u have not tick marked Factory Set & Normal Mode, Try flashing ur phone again after marking them & let me know the progress.

What about APE variant file, dont u ppl need it while flashing the original firmware files.

Hope ur problem gets solved this time.

anubhav123
21st November 2010, 12:57
@ankitsut

I have checked for the latest fw for e63 rm437 & its 501.21.1. Try downloading that & flash with these files.

craza
21st November 2010, 23:50
I'm trying to flash my phone with C6-Vortex firmware.
I've already installed navifirm and download my firmware files.
But when i try to run JAF i get this error "P-KEY dongle not detected. Please insert activated dongle"
Help, anyone?
EDIT: Problem Solved =)

ankitsut
24th November 2010, 16:00
Bro, ur jaf log has no problem. The only problem i came to know is that u have not tick marked Factory Set & Normal Mode, Try flashing ur phone again after marking them & let me know the progress.

What about APE variant file, dont u ppl need it while flashing the original firmware files.

Hope ur problem gets solved this time.

Thanks for reply i done with marked that 2 options but same problem wen i start my phone that stuck at white screen nothing happen and chandrakr bro didnt gave me that ape variant file if it nedded tha please send me....please help and can nokia care can help me about this problem..please reply

anubhav123
24th November 2010, 16:06
Thanks for reply i done with marked that 2 options but same problem wen i start my phone that stuck at white screen nothing happen and chandrakr bro didnt gave me that ape variant file if it nedded tha please send me....please help and can nokia care can help me about this problem..please reply

If he has not given you the APE variant file, you can download those files by using Navifirm or Blue Nokia. Just download those files & flash ur phone.

About your firmware version, were you at the same version before flashing ????
Just make sure that your not downgrading your firmware as said by Bro Khantastic.

ankitsut
25th November 2010, 06:14
If he has not given you the APE variant file, you can download those files by using Navifirm or Blue Nokia. Just download those files & flash ur phone.

About your firmware version, were you at the same version before flashing ????
Just make sure that your not downgrading your firmware as said by Bro Khantastic.

i was at the same version previously 500.21.009 and i have downloaded all the file from navifirm but which file is ape variant file..? please tell me my rm-437 product code 0592130 ruby red .e63-1

anubhav123
25th November 2010, 13:52
i was at the same version previously 500.21.009 and i have downloaded all the file from navifirm but which file is ape variant file..? please tell me my rm-437 product code 0592130 ruby red .e63-1

Can u plz give me the names of those 3 files which you used in flashing so that I can differentiate which file to be used for APE variant ??

I m facing problems in differentiating files as I dont have an E63 & my files are completely different from these.

Thank you.

EDIT :

I've figured it out. The file to be used for APE variant is sofie_erase_y_drive.fpsx. Just try this file with those 2 options marked & let me know the progress.

The files to be used are as follows :

MCU Flash file: D:\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-437\rm437_500.21.009_prd.c00
PPM Flash file: D:\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-437\rm437_500.21.009_prd.v309_40
CNT Flash file: D:\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-437\rm437_500.21.009_40.309U
APE Variant file: D:\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-437\sofie_erase_y_drive.fpsx

Hope this time it works for you.

:goodluck::goodluck:

arnab_das
25th November 2010, 20:03
its impossible to install any qt apps on cooked firmwares bcoz of non updateable PIPS and C++ libraries. since qt is the next big thing for symbian, plz include it in the next releases.

chandu_s60
26th November 2010, 09:47
hey ... i just installed custom firmware from
and i want to remove the shazam app that came with it , can you guide me towards removing it ?

strategist
26th November 2010, 10:41
Hello All, warm regards n greetings.

FIRST OF ALL ALL REGARDS N RESPECT TO ALROD. sCFW work for N86 that made my editing n somewhat original work possible.

after having modified n modified the cfw of alrod n others I have sort of combined the best mods n effects n apps n themes n etc into creating my own CFW for our beloved N86. Hope to post it soon, still testing for bugs, luckily, not found any till now(hope it stays that way)..

BTW, i would like a help from all the SCRIPTINIT experts, my scrpt init has that ALROD's version, (i just copied it from His CFW) ALL CREDITS TO HIM FOR THAT, in which the Thinkchange folder has 3 python files in c n one in E, I want to remove all n put the Ultimate Python Pack v6.sis in Thinkchange>E, and also want to add n extra patch for Enable Hidden Menus9.3 version into the patches folder.

tried a lot of times by editing the scriptinit file(ALROD's) but not succesful..

could someone edit it for me plzzzzzzzzzz... below is my SCRIPTINIT.txt

edit it suitably plzzzzzzz

PLUGINS
CD C:\Private\
MD 200009F3\
CD 200009F3\
CP Z:\Private\200009F3\schema.mde
CP Z:\Private\200009F3\defaultimportfile.mde
CP Z:\Private\200009F3\backup_registration.xml
MD 10281E17\
CD 10281E17\
CP Z:\Private\10281E17\backup_registration.xml
MD 200009F5\
CD 200009F5\
CP Z:\Private\200009F5\backup_registration.xml
CP Z:\Private\200009F5\mappings.db
CD C:\Data\Others\
CP Z:\Private\200009FD\MdEExampleImportMetadata.mde
CP Z:\Private\200009FD\test_schema.mde
CD C:\
MD xmppui\
MD 2001A94D\
CP Z:\Private\2001A94D\* C:\Private\2001A94D\
CP Z:\Private\2001A928\* C:\Private\2001A928\
CP Z:\System\Data\Nokia_Nseries_12hrAnimatedClock.swf C:\Data\Images\Pictures\Nokia_Nseries_12hrAnimated Clock.swf
CP Z:\System\Data\Nokia_Nseries_24hrAnimatedClock.swf C:\Data\Images\Pictures\Nokia_Nseries_24hrAnimated Clock.swf
CD C:\Data\
MD Fonts\
CD E:\
MD System\
CD E:\System\
MD cache\
MD Music\
MD ThinkChange\
CD E:\ThinkChange\
MD E\
CD E:\ThinkChange\
MD C\
MD Root_certificate\
CD C:\
MD sys\
CD C:\sys\
MD bin\
MD Patches\
CP Z:\System\Root_certificate\FreeSign.cer E:\Root_certificate\FreeSign.cer
CP Z:\System\Root_certificate\FreeSign.key E:\Root_certificate\FreeSign.key
CP Z:\System\Root_certificate\swicertstore.dat E:\Root_certificate\swicertstore.dat
CP Z:\data\advent_font.ttf C:\Data\Fonts\advent_font.ttf
CP Z:\System\FontRouterLT.sis E:\FontRouterLT.sis
CP Z:\System\domainsrv.exe E:\domainsrv.exe
CP Z:\System\1_Python.sis E:\ThinkChange\C\1_Python.sis
CP Z:\System\2_Python.sis E:\ThinkChange\C\2_Python.sis
CP Z:\System\3_Python.sis E:\ThinkChange\C\3_Python.sis
CP Z:\System\4_ModulPackE.sis E:\ThinkChange\E\4_ModulPackE.sis i want to remove all the four n place in thinkchange E the file named - Ultimate Python Pack v6
MD Data\
CP Z:\System\Patches\InstallServer.rmp E:\Patches\InstallServer.rmp
CP Z:\System\Patches\Open4All.rmp E:\Patches\Open4All.rmp
CP Z:\System\Patches\c2z.rmp E:\Patches\c2z.rmp
ALSO I WANT TO ADD N EXTRA PATCH HERE BY THE NAME- EnableHiddenMenus (9.3).rmp
CP Z:\data\HX_AudioController_4_0.cfg C:\Data\HX_AudioController_4_0.cfg

plz help me some expert....

Also it would be a gr8 help to explain in a shortcut way to put the ovi maps 3.04 in rom here.

thnx.

Hey BTW another request does someone here have Hindi.Lang file, plz

ANYWAYS, after all this is done, I'll post MY CFW creation soon after testing much more time, because i have almost started from scratch collecting n testing all the mods.....

:ilove:

gadget9
26th November 2010, 21:03
Is there any CFW for 6120??

parvinder
30th November 2010, 13:27
how to get "rm-625_america_21.1.102_v2.01.exe" link please

poweredbyant
11th December 2010, 07:50
im deaf person and using nokia n97 everytime i charging my nokia n97 it never vibrate when gets messages... i would like have the vibrate enabled while is in charging mode so i can plug n charge n put under my pillow n sleep so i will know if i get message through the night when it is in charge.. can anyone know if they can be turn on by edit the firmware or rom patcher or whatever?? i know nokia wont do this ... so pls help!!!!

thanks v much
ant.

danielloft
11th December 2010, 15:25
So, I've been trying and trying... Managed to brick my E52 last week but brought it back to life with Phoenix (with Hebrew untouched firmware).
Now I'm trying to hack my phone once again, but I can't. From what I've read here (flashing tutorials and stuff) you can only put modified firmware with JAF. So I'm trying with it.
First, I said that I should try with a unmodified firmware. So I downloaded one with Navifirm (Moldova (0578062) - last one), put everything in "c:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-469\", changed the phone's product code ot match the firmware and tired:

With the phone on I get this:
[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

JAF version 1.98.62
Detected PKEY: 90009B6C
USB Cable Driver version: 7.1.31.0
Changing mode...Done!
FILES SET FOR FLASHING:
Checking path: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-469\

Checking path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\DataPackage\Products\RM-469\
Scanning ini files...
FILES SET FOR FLASHING:
MCU Flash file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-469\rm469_051.018_prd.core.fpsx
PPM Flash file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-469\RM469_ENO_09w23v0.a078.fpsx
CNT Flash file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-469\rm469_051.018_05.01_Russian_prd.rofs2.fpsx
APE Variant file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-469\rm469_051.018_C00.01_DEFAULT_prd.rofs3.fpsx
Detected P-KEY: 90009B6C
Reading SW version...ICPR82_10w22
Reading battery value...4147 mV
Init usb flashing...
Reading flashid...
CMT: 00400020 <=> ST -> Type not in database
APE: 00000000 <=> Flash -> not detected
Verifing ADL communication... Status byte 7
Rebooting to flash mode...
Waiting for the phone to reboot...
Searching for phone...
Sending RAW loader...
This flash file don't support DEAD USB FLASHING!
Error booting phone...

Got the battery out (as the phone was kinda dead after this), turned it on and then off and..
[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

JAF version 1.98.62
Detected PKEY: 9000BC25
Changing mode...Done!
FILES SET FOR FLASHING:

Scanning ini files...
FILES SET FOR FLASHING:
MCU Flash file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-469\rm469_051.018_prd.core.fpsx
PPM Flash file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-469\RM469_ENO_09w23v0.a078.fpsx
CNT Flash file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-469\rm469_051.018_05.01_Russian_prd.rofs2.fpsx
APE Variant file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-469\rm469_051.018_C00.01_DEFAULT_prd.rofs3.fpsx
Detected P-KEY: 9000BC25
PRESS POWER ON NOW!
Error reading phone init data...

I don't get it! Where am I doing it wrong? Can someone give me a hint?
Thanks in advance!

PS: I tried to as explanatory as I could, but if I forgot any details, just ask.

adn1
11th December 2010, 20:33

Aftab_khatri
11th December 2010, 21:09
Try tick normal mode & manual flash then untick all then tick use ini then press flash do not switch off ur mobile :)

danielloft
12th December 2010, 11:08
JAF version 1.98.62
Detected PKEY: 9000AAC9
Changing mode...Done!
FILES SET FOR FLASHING:
FILES SET FOR FLASHING:
Detected P-KEY: 9000AAC9
Reading product code...
Product Code: 0578062

Scanning ini files...
FILES SET FOR FLASHING:
Reading battery value...4010 mV
Init usb flashing...
Reading flashid...
Searching for phone...
Sending RAW loader...
Error booting phone...

Same result as first time with one small difference on the way: after I tick "Use INI" I don't get the small window where I have to select the phone.
Any other ideas? Please!

PS: I watched and tried every damn flashing tutorial that I found

LE: Could JAF v1.98.62 be a little too old?

Khantastic
12th December 2010, 12:07
you didn't checked the boxes stating dead usb and manual flash... check them first and then select use INI..2ndly do check if by any mistake..you are downgrading?? well then don't do that...version installed should be equal to or less to what you are flashing.... other possibility can be your hacked fw might not be proper hacked

anubhav123
12th December 2010, 12:07
JAF version 1.98.62
Detected PKEY: 9000AAC9
Changing mode...Done!
FILES SET FOR FLASHING:
FILES SET FOR FLASHING:
Reading product code...
Product Code: 0578062

Scanning ini files...
FILES SET FOR FLASHING:
Reading battery value...4010 mV
Init usb flashing...
Reading flashid...
Searching for phone...
Sending RAW loader...
Error booting phone...

Same result as first time with one small difference on the way: after I tick "Use INI" I don't get the small window where I have to select the phone.
Any other ideas? Please!

PS: I watched and tried every damn flashing tutorial that I found

LE: Could JAF v1.98.62 be a little too old?

Try to tick mark the Manual Flash, Dead USB, Factory Set & Normal Mode and flash again...

Extract the rar file & Paste the file to C:\Program Files\ODEON\JAF directory & ur phone will be detected.

danielloft
12th December 2010, 14:29
Tried with "Factory Set" checked, phone on and off. No luck! the firmware is the same version as the one on the phone now (051.018).
I don't know if it has any importance but, I noticed that if I rely on "Use INI" JAF selects other files for MCU, PPM, CNT and APE then what I know (core, rofs2, rofs3 and uda, respectively). But I don't think this influences the flashing process as it doesn't even start. General profile is on. I'm trying now with a full reset (*#7370#) followed by a flash (I'll get the microSD out too. Should I plug the phone after or before checking everything?
I have latest verions of Ovi and Nokia Software Updater installed (but not running at the time of flashing). Even reinstalled the cable driver from the msi provided.

Latest flash results (before full reset)

JAF version 1.98.62
Changing mode...Done!
FILES SET FOR FLASHING:

Scanning ini files...
FILES SET FOR FLASHING:
PRESS POWER ON NOW!

Later edit: One full reset and a card out later, my luck doesn't smile on me. What can I be doing wrong?

Even later edit: anubhav123, that file is older (24 DEC 2008) than what I have (28 JUNE 2009) and it doesn't have E52 in it. Thanks anyway!

anubhav123
12th December 2010, 16:27
I can see that your main problem is Error reading phone init data..., I had same kind of problem 2 days back when I tried to update my phones firmware on 5800.

I solved this problem by changing the USB port where I connected by cable. So try this & let me whether if it's working...

Hope this time luck works by ur side......

danielloft
12th December 2010, 17:29
Following your suggestion, anubhav123, I tried to dig deeper. I have the feeling that this is driver related.
So I uninstalled everything that was related with Nokia except for what you can see in the picture attached (Connectivity Driver was uninstalled too, but the capture was taken after):
I reinstalled Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver (v7.1.22 that I god with JAF) and tried once more. I got a few devices installed after connecting the phone (to another USB port, but I'm almost running out of ports), including an unknown device.

Later Edit: Just tried same JAF (driver and firmware) on another computer, this time XP. No luck either. To be honest, I suspect the drivers. Maybe I should search for a newer version of JAF too.
Even later edit: Uninstalled everything related to the phone, reinstalled Ovi Suite and JAF. Still no luck. Still reading around here and in some other places...
One day later edit: Lots of reading, numerous tries, a few reinstalls, updated phone (NSU), the only result: error reading phone init data... Could the phone be broken or something?

Any new suggestions?

muneeb99
15th December 2010, 19:32
I get an error when i try to flash it with CFW using JAF:hardcry:

Scanning ini files...
FILES SET FOR FLASHING:
PPM Flash file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-555\RM-555_12.0.110_prd.rofs2.V47
APE Variant file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-555\RM555_12.0.110_uda_4_001.uda.fpsx
PRESS POWER ON NOW!
PRESS POWER ON NOW!

anubhav123
15th December 2010, 20:29
I get an error when i try to flash it with CFW using JAF:hardcry:

Scanning ini files...
FILES SET FOR FLASHING:
PPM Flash file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-555\RM-555_12.0.110_prd.rofs2.V47
APE Variant file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-555\RM555_12.0.110_uda_4_001.uda.fpsx
PRESS POWER ON NOW!
PRESS POWER ON NOW!

Here :

soyab0007
21st December 2010, 08:54
i was flashing my phone with phoenix. After few minutes i got error..
And phone becomes off.. When i try to on the phone just small indicator light on and nothing comes at screen. I try dead flashing procedure but usb not recognized.. I tried jaf as well but same error someone tell me what should i do..
plz help me

soyab0007
21st December 2010, 09:16
JAF version 1.98.62
USB Cable Driver version: 7.1.17.0
Changing mode...Done!
FILES SET FOR FLASHING:
Checking path: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-227\

Checking path: \Products\RM-227\
Scanning ini files...
FILES SET FOR FLASHING:
MCU Flash file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-227\rm227_m128_h20_ks_prod_306336900_c00_combined. bin
PPM Flash file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-227\rm227_m128_h20_ks_prod_306336900_v12_variant.b in
CNT Flash file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-227\rm227_rm294_cp_3.0.fpsx
Languages in ppm: English,German,Russian,Bulgarian,Romanian,Ukrainia n
Changing flashing settings...
FILES SET FOR FLASHING:
MCU Flash file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-227\rm227_m128_h20_ks_prod_306336900_c00_combined. bin
PPM Flash file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-227\rm227_m128_h20_ks_prod_306336900_v12_variant.b in
CNT Flash file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-227\rm227_rm294_cp_3.0.fpsx
Languages in ppm: English,German,Russian,Bulgarian,Romanian,Ukrainia n
Backing up CRT...
Failed to backup CRT...
PRESS POWER ON NOW!
Searching for phone...Not found!!!

Eddicts60
21st December 2010, 09:31
Are you trying to downgrading ur ph0ne mate?P/S: Pls use the proper thread to post ur problem.

rajbe
23rd December 2010, 00:04
I'm unable to hack Nokia 5235(v12.6.092/RM-588) & Nokia C6-00. Have been tried HelloOX & Rompatcher(individualy) but its not working.
Can I do hack these two ?
Please HELP.....

anubhav123
23rd December 2010, 00:19
I'm unable to hack Nokia 5235(v12.6.092/RM-588) & Nokia C6-00. Have been tried HelloOX & Rompatcher(individualy) but its not working.
Can I do hack these two ?
Please HELP.....

As far as I know, these new phones can not be hacked by Hello Ox2. You can hack Nokia 5235 & your c6-00 by cooked firmware method.

You can find a cooked firmware for your c6-00 here :

stanimirD
23rd December 2010, 23:24
Hi guys!
I reinstalled JAF and the installation crashed at vsbsetup.exe...Do you have a solution?
Conflict with a software? (I installed anything new...)

I'm using windows vista...

Thanks!

faiz786
30th December 2010, 11:54
I have n97mini
rm-553 v11.2.102

any cfw or firmware update is avelible?

sjf
31st December 2010, 15:43
Does anybody knows it's possible to edit ROM (rofs2 file) for C5? e.g. remove unnecessary (for me) languages? I've tried this operation with NokiaCooker, NokiaEditor and ROFS2 Language Tool but after install firmware containing modified rofs2 file my phone didn't start. Flashing with original firmware was successful. Maybe C5 is not editable for now?

Aftab_khatri
31st December 2010, 20:05
i have same proplem with editing e52 firmware tried with nfe 0.2 & nokia cooker 0.9 & i just added installserver.exe in rofs2 but mobile dead

rohanjoshi
13th January 2011, 10:31
Guys.
i got my new E5 {White} yersterday..
RM-632
Product code : 059B059

i want to cook fw of this.
but in navifirm 0.9, there is no such product code available..
can anybody give links for this product code ?
also tell me steps of cooking..
can i edit rofs2,rofs3 ?
or i can only edit UDA ?
which method should i use ?
JAF or Phoenix ????
plz help guys...

nobios
13th January 2011, 12:58
Hello there!

At first i must say that im kind of confused with all these custom firmwares and how to use them... I'm tired of using this buggy original firmware and i'd like to try the diablo lite with my n97 mini. I think i've studied enough about flashing my device but I have a couple of questions related to using these custom firmwares.

Is it possible to install apps and themes normally after flashing cfw on my phone? I would still like to use my obdscope which is a bought software and i use it alot while driving. Is there problems with original nokia apps like ovi maps? Is there something that i cannot do anymore after flashing cfw? I'm assuming that it's possible to flash the original firmware if there's problems with the custom one? Whats the odds of bricking my device? Is it even possible? I have some experience with modding consoles like PSP and Xbox but haven't got into this phone modding stuff yet...

muneeb99
14th January 2011, 10:00
Hello there!

At first i must say that im kind of confused with all these custom firmwares and how to use them... I'm tired of using this buggy original firmware and i'd like to try the diablo lite with my n97 mini. I think i've studied enough about flashing my device but I have a couple of questions related to using these custom firmwares.

Is it possible to install apps and themes normally after flashing cfw on my phone? I would still like to use my obdscope which is a bought software and i use it alot while driving. Is there problems with original nokia apps like ovi maps? Is there something that i cannot do anymore after flashing cfw? I'm assuming that it's possible to flash the original firmware if there's problems with the custom one? Whats the odds of bricking my device? Is it even possible? I have some experience with modding consoles like PSP and Xbox but haven't got into this phone modding stuff yet...

1.Yes it is possible to use apps normally
2.There is no problem in using purchased applications after flashing
3. Original applications like Ovi Maps, Nokia Messaging ,etc. work just fine
4.Flashing doesn't mean you do it if ur original firmware has a problem its for getting more performance and features from your phone
5.Your phone gets bricked if you use the wrong RM files generally but even if it does then all you got to do is use your correct original firmware files and flash the phone and your phone is new and working again :D

by the way i myself am using Diablo Lite on my mini :D

:goodluck:

rohanjoshi
14th January 2011, 21:58
Guys.
i got my new E5 {White} yersterday..
RM-632
Product code : 059B059

i want to cook fw of this.
but in navifirm 0.9, there is no such product code available..
can anybody give links for this product code ?
also tell me steps of cooking..
can i edit rofs2,rofs3 ?
or i can only edit UDA ?
which method should i use ?
JAF or Phoenix ????
plz help guys...

plz help guys...

anubhav123
14th January 2011, 22:48
plz help guys...

If you are planning to flash your phone then there is no need for any product code. You can flash with any firmware with RM-632.

For cooking your own firmware, visit here :

Yes you can edit either rofs2 or rofs3 or both. Just add the supported hacked installserver.exe to either of above & your firmware will be hacked.

You can use either JAF or Pheonix according to your preferences. I use JAF to flash my phone...

nobios
15th January 2011, 01:39
1.Yes it is possible to use apps normally
2.There is no problem in using purchased applications after flashing
3. Original applications like Ovi Maps, Nokia Messaging ,etc. work just fine
4.Flashing doesn't mean you do it if ur original firmware has a problem its for getting more performance and features from your phone
5.Your phone gets bricked if you use the wrong RM files generally but even if it does then all you got to do is use your correct original firmware files and flash the phone and your phone is new and working again :D

by the way i myself am using Diablo Lite on my mini :D

:goodluck:

Thanks dude! you got me convinced :D flashing this weekend!

muneeb99
15th January 2011, 11:35
Thanks dude! you got me convinced :D flashing this weekend!

Let me know when you flash the phone:D

nobios
15th January 2011, 22:05
Let me know when you flash the phone:D

Just finished flashing succesfully with your fw! I'll give you a small test report someday. I had some problems with jaf. It did find my phone at first but i just kept trying. The waiting game is always frustfrating when flashing for the first time... Painful seconds =)

I love it already!!!

muneeb99
15th January 2011, 23:11
Just finished flashing succesfully with your fw! I'll give you a small test report someday. I had some problems with jaf. It did find my phone at first but i just kept trying. The waiting game is always frustfrating when flashing for the first time... Painful seconds =)

I love it already!!!

its Jordan's firmware not mine i just replaced the files he told me to lol...
thanx anyway...
just connect ur phone without ur battery and then in JAF when it shows searching for phones insert ur battery... its faster that way l>:D<

nobios
18th January 2011, 19:34
I've been using this Diablo lite for a couple of days now and i must say that my n97 mini feels like different phone now!

Everything runs really smoothly and browsing is faster. I noticed something sketchy today though...

I had noticed earlier that the little 3g sign was blinking for transfer from time to time. I was browsing my installed apps and saw an app called "grasp my love". I googled it immediately and this netqin page pops up.

It's a freaking virus! I installed netqin antivirus from their website and scanned my memory. "several threats found"...
It recognized BW.GraspMLove.A and BD.OSstdios.E viruses. Removed them insantly... Apparently Osstdios lurks in an app named Nokiamaps

I found a small, about ~50kb sized software called Nokiamaps in installed apps.

There's still a few apps in the threat list. mIrggi, AAction, NgiWebKit, and ClientShell. I don't think that aaction or mirggi is infected but those two other might be viruses.

What a luck... I haven't even used any shady websites to download apps. Just this forum, ovi store and official websites.

Khantastic
18th January 2011, 20:23
@nobios i don't believe that virus is because of fw... because i myself is using these fw's infact beta testing them... so you did right by scanning :)

mzrctg
20th January 2011, 05:33
Hi. I have bought a nokia 5233 yesterday and i wanna hack it. After trying & reading different threads here i am totally confused. I tried to follow instructions from this thread "[Only registered and activated users can see links](RM-625)-v21.1.004-Hacked-By-Bathrinath-Using-PNHT&highlight=how+to+hack+nokia+5233" but failed to download the Hacked CFW as the link has been discontinued. Also AVG detects trojans in JAF with navifirm . I am not sure whether its a false alarm or not. So my question is 1.How can i hack my nokia 5233 v21? 2. If JAF with navifirm is really infected, is there any other alternate? 3. If not,then can i use any other CFW of nokia 5233 those are provided here in ipmart? if it is possible,can i get "Supernova^1 Nokia 5233 CFW With IPhone HS" to work? please help me.Thanks in advance.

anubhav123
20th January 2011, 11:01
Hi. I have bought a nokia 5233 yesterday and i wanna hack it. After trying & reading different threads here i am totally confused. I tried to follow instructions from this thread "[Only registered and activated users can see links](RM-625)-v21.1.004-Hacked-By-Bathrinath-Using-PNHT&highlight=how+to+hack+nokia+5233" but failed to download the Hacked CFW as the link has been discontinued. Also AVG detects trojans in JAF with navifirm . I am not sure whether its a false alarm or not. So my question is 1.How can i hack my nokia 5233 v21? 2. If JAF with navifirm is really infected, is there any other alternate? 3. If not,then can i use any other CFW of nokia 5233 those are provided here in ipmart? if it is possible,can i get "Supernova^1 Nokia 5233 CFW With IPhone HS" to work? please help me.Thanks in advance.

Its completely your decision about what cfw you want to use but I am sure that AVG is giving false alarms about JAF & Navifirm. I am using both the apps for a long time & my antivirus never gave me such kind of alerts. So just be sure that these apps are not any viruses or something.. Just flash your phone & get it hacked...

Khantastic
20th January 2011, 12:29
but obviously be aware from where you got jaf and navifirm..... there's nothing wrong with the sw's themselves...

Zelig
20th January 2011, 19:15
hello, guys - I have two questions:
- if I had understood it well, after flashing my N97 with the latest Hegazy CFW I should be able to install all of the v5 apps found here? no need for aditional hacking?
- does this CFW work with Mac OS X iSync (copying contacts mac -> n97)? it is compatible with the Nokia iSync plugin which could be downloaded from Nokia site?

mzrctg
21st January 2011, 07:07
Thanks Anuvab123 & Khantastic for your helps. I downloaded twice JAF with navifirm from the link provided in the thread i mentioned earlier, but my AVG detects two trojans inside the rar package as follows: "JAFSetup.v1.98.62_2\OGM_JAF_PKEY_Emulator_v5.zip:\ OGM_JAF_PKEY_Emulator_v5.exe";"Trojan horse Generic_c.AFOS";"Infected"
& "JAFSetup.v1.98.62_2\OGM_JAF_PKEY_Emulator_v5.zip";"Trojan horse Generic_c.AFOS";"Infected"

is there any other link to download the software? Thanks again for your assistance.

Khantastic
21st January 2011, 08:11
it's just a false alarm... OGM_JAF_PKEY_Emulator_v5 is a crack and when its something not legal some anti viruses picks them as virus... just disable you av...

EDIT
try using jaf from here

if its the same then the alarm is false...

nobios
21st January 2011, 09:48
I'm not sure if this is a bug or what but when i flip open the keyboard on my N97 mini the keyboard backlight just flashes and stays turned off. It's really hard to write messages at night. Is there somekind of an option for controlling the backlight? I also lost the sound from the start up animation... Using Diablo lite. (which btw is perfecto!)

I had some serious issues yesterday when i tried to install accuweather widget. It installed succesfully but everytime when the widget was updated it left the connection open. There was no active data transfer but the connection was not closed by the widget ever. I forced the connection to close from connection manager. Tried this several times and the connection was always left open. Rebooted couple of times and noticed that when i tried to go "installed apps" menu to remove the widget i got "securitymodule warning". I couldn't open installed apps menu after this warning anymore or the phone froze completely. Also the adressbook did wan't to open because of "insufficient memory"... Couldn't connect to to web either. Well i managed to uninstall the widget when i got the sim and memory card out and started in offline mode. Everything is working well now but i'm still concerned about my ram usage. I'm monitoring it with couple of apps and they are showing that there's only like 20-40Mb free ram out of 126Mb. Though i'm using spb shell with slideunlock running at background so that must eat most of the used ram. Nevertheless there's no signs of slowing down or warning messages now. How much is "normal" ram usage for N97 mini?

Heh, when i first got the errors and couldn't connect to web i almost did hard reset... I have been customizing my "new" phone and have installed apps for a week now and i almost threw all that in carbage. I had *#7370 written in number selector already... Luckily I got that thing solved and didn't have to do hard reset!

Edit. Got that keyboard light issue fixed. Slideunlockers settings were disabling lights...

Khantastic
21st January 2011, 10:56
well if that security module error kept arriving you might have to flash again... for many that error was because of the theme they used, switching theme also solved that...

regarding free ram.. while i was with ivo's fw i did got 55+ ram with some stuff like smartlight running.... but with diablo m not passing 50 easily..but device is not slow.. if it would have been original fw you would have hardly crossed 35...

regarding startup sound..its upto the profile you uses.. sounds are enable in that cfw you using..so try general profile....

nobios
21st January 2011, 14:05
Thanks for the fast reply!

I hope the security module error doesn't pop up again! I got rid of it when i changed the theme back to default (full black) and uninstalled the accuweather widget. Everything feels to be fine for now. *knockin on wood* When i close all applications i get over 40Mb free RAM so i believe it's OK. With Spb and other stuff running the free RAM drops to around 20Mb and it doesn't cause any slowing down. Would hard reset help if the error message appears again or is flashing the only cure for it?

Khantastic: Did you notice any difference in performance when you had that 50Mb free RAM? Now that i've played with theme effects for a while i'm starting to want my phone to run smoother and faster so i'm thinking of trying that ivo's fw. Although i don't want to flash my device again if there's not much difference compared to diablo lite.

I'm not too bothered with the missing start up tune but will try boot with different profiles. I'm using general all the time and no sound when booting...
edit. I applied the warning sounds for general profile and got the start up sound back. =) My bad...

Khantastic
21st January 2011, 14:18
let me tell you, zeeshu007 and me, were there with ivo testing his fw's all the time... when he retired (sold his mini)... we caught jordan... so from where we left with ivo, we started with jordan... and diablo lite here is our last work on mini's fwz... most likely :)

i suggest you to stay with this fw

nobios
21st January 2011, 15:38
security module error popping up again or the whole settings menu freezes... Memory full errors... wtf is causing this?!? 30 mins ago everything was working well...

When i plug the usb cable nothing happens... Pc won't recognize phone and vice versa... Now i can't get into settings menu at all! How this can be so unstable now considering that it was working smoothly all the week?

Is flashing only option to get rid of this? No help with hard reset?

Khantastic
21st January 2011, 15:53
you might try that but that will be because of some app etc...

nobios
21st January 2011, 16:24
Very weird indeed... I tried the trick that worked last time. I took off sim and memory card and now the phone doesn't give any errors. 58Mb of free RAM! I can go to applications menu and also connect with nokia pc suite now. Could this be due to my computers operating systems? I'm using ubuntu in my laptop and win7 in my pc. When i connected my phone as mass memory to the ubuntu machine it started giving errors... In PC suite mode it works well and i'm connecting the laptop to internet with the phone. I'm assuming that the changing between nokia's modes in ubuntu messes it up some how. Well here's a trick to try if someone else is encountering with same kind of errors... I hope i got over with it for the last time... Atleast i know a cure for it now! *knocking on the wood - again...*

mzrctg
21st January 2011, 19:24
Thanks Khantastic for your helps. Now these JAF files are clean.But they are devoid of navifirm i think? I am a novice about hacking this way,as my n95 v30 is hacked by Drakkarious method-which was very easy for us. I guess i have to read further to be able to hack my 5233. Please do me a favour-can you provide a link to a thread that guides to hack it properly? there are so many threads around that i cant understand what to do. Between,which CFW do you think is best for 5233 (RM-625) v21.1.004? I use my N95 as modem. Is it ok to use n95 as modem while i try to hack my nokia 5233 or try do download firmware files of 5233? I tried to repute you but i cant. Thanks a lot for your supports buddy.

sunny020
22nd January 2011, 09:36
i'm new here...
can any one help me to hack my nokia c5...
plz

Khantastic
22nd January 2011, 09:47
Very weird indeed... I tried the trick that worked last time. I took off sim and memory card and now the phone doesn't give any errors. 58Mb of free RAM! I can go to applications menu and also connect with nokia pc suite now. Could this be due to my computers operating systems? I'm using ubuntu in my laptop and win7 in my pc. When i connected my phone as mass memory to the ubuntu machine it started giving errors... In PC suite mode it works well and i'm connecting the laptop to internet with the phone. I'm assuming that the changing between nokia's modes in ubuntu messes it up some how. Well here's a trick to try if someone else is encountering with same kind of errors... I hope i got over with it for the last time... Atleast i know a cure for it now! *knocking on the wood - again...*

lolx, these are the tricks i used tooo.. :D i don't believe it has to do with OS

Thanks Khantastic for your helps. Now these JAF files are clean.But they are devoid of navifirm i think? I am a novice about hacking this way,as my n95 v30 is hacked by Drakkarious method-which was very easy for us. I guess i have to read further to be able to hack my 5233. Please do me a favour-can you provide a link to a thread that guides to hack it properly? there are so many threads around that i cant understand what to do. Between,which CFW do you think is best for 5233 (RM-625) v21.1.004? I use my N95 as modem. Is it ok to use n95 as modem while i try to hack my nokia 5233 or try do download firmware files of 5233? I tried to repute you but i cant. Thanks a lot for your supports buddy.

m unable to get you mate... navifirm and jaf are different softwares....
use navifirm to dload files and jaf to flash
2) using n95 for internet? what's the problem....if you can dload your files... pardon me if am not getting your point...

i'm new here...
can any one help me to hack my nokia c5...
plz

kindly search 1st
it depends on what version of fw you have

mzrctg
23rd January 2011, 18:51
Thanks again Khantastic for your reply. I am sorry that you didnt understand me. English is not my native language.so may be i made it difficult for you to understand. I am confused as there are so many threads here,but cant understand which one leads me to HACK my phone. An easy guide would be better for newbees like me.I downloaded JAF provided from your link. The other one that i downloaded earlier had navifirm included with it,thats why i thought they are related to each other.Thanks again for your all cooperation & thats why i love iPMART forum so much.Any way, i will be away from home for a couple of days.So i wont be able to sit online. All the best.

Khantastic
23rd January 2011, 19:21
when ever you are back.. there's the guide for you

nobios
25th January 2011, 23:13
I have an annoying problem with my phone... again... When ever someone is calling me and my keys are locked the ringtone stops for a few seconds. It starts ringing and the red slide to answer bar starts moving very slowly. After about 2 sec. the ringtone stops and the phone starts vibrating continously. When the red slide to answer bar slowly gets to the end the ringtone suddenly begins to play again. This doesn't happen when my keys aren't locked. Tried with different rintones in different locations. With spb shell on and closed. Checked the ram and there's plenty of it. Did the hard reset and it still happens... Also getting 1 installation error at star up after hard reset. I'm not seeing taskmanager anywhere...

I'll try to flash again at this weekend. I'm too frustrated now... Well atleast the phone isn't bricked...yet!

donnypaul
26th January 2011, 05:41
Hi i tried to install a cfw onto my nokia 5800 but ended up bricking my phone so i used navifirm and installed the 3 important files you use on jaf and i unbricked it.
Now my phone software version is V52.0.007 and still want to put a cfw onto it but dont want to be messing around bricking the phone and having to unbrick it so what cfw works with my version?? i did want the monster energy cfw or nokia n8 but if any bodys got a really good cfw that will work and is english please share:D

also some cfws dont have the rof3 files how do they work then?

Khantastic
26th January 2011, 13:38
there are so many cfw available.... fw without rofs3 works using either uda or rofs2 files.... using rofs2 makes you un able to use languages of your product code as you are using rofs2 of different PC.... no cfw is good or bad... its just what you need...

next time don't create a thread for such topics....post it in queries thread.... thread merged...

muneeb99
26th January 2011, 14:16
its a bug in the Custom firmware... try flashing it with the Diablo Lite mini which has been fixed i suppose....

donnypaul
26th January 2011, 18:23
there are so many cfw available.... fw without rofs3 works using either uda or rofs2 files.... using rofs2 makes you un able to use languages of your product code as you are using rofs2 of different PC.... no cfw is good or bad... its just what you need...

next time don't create a thread for such topics....post it in queries thread.... thread merged...

sorry for posting in wrong section mate.
erm so if i put another cfw does it matter which i try on it? like i said im on v52.0.007 and only found the c6 cfw for my version software and i have it working on my phone but its crap lol any further help more than welcome

Khantastic
26th January 2011, 19:32
@donnypaul ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

there will be no problem as long as you go to flash a fw which is same or higher in ver that you already have...and ofcourse its for your phone and RM...

donnypaul
27th January 2011, 02:02
finding it hard to find any 5800 rm-356 v52.0.007 cfw on here think ive found 3 or 4 and ive changed to another cfw from another site and has alot of bugs in it and im going to go back to one i had before from off here which was really the same lol i did like the look of the monster edition but thats for v50 and bricked my phone if you know of any other places i can get cfw from please share links :)
know im a pain in the **** bu theres some pretty nice cfw out there just not for my version as it seems it the latest out :(

nobios
27th January 2011, 20:27
Pheew...! Flashed succesfully with diablo lite mini. My heart stops beating everytime when the phone is being flashed! Thank (symbian)god i didn't brick it... At first it seems that the ringtone bug thing i had isn't happening anymore. I think i'll install the anti virus first this time... Now i will spend the rest of the night installing apps =)

BTW, the battery trick worked and jaf found the phone right away! Thanks for the trick Muneeb!

iiuc_boy
29th January 2011, 08:18
HI buddies how can upgrade my 5530 set software from v11.0.0.54 to any latest because frm nokia no new update is available. and my music player seems disturbing. help me.

Khantastic
30th January 2011, 08:11
Pheew...! Flashed succesfully with diablo lite mini. My heart stops beating everytime when the phone is being flashed! Thank (symbian)god i didn't brick it... At first it seems that the ringtone bug thing i had isn't happening anymore. I think i'll install the anti virus first this time... Now i will spend the rest of the night installing apps =)

BTW, the battery trick worked and jaf found the phone right away! Thanks for the trick Muneeb!

there's no need of an anti virus mate

HI buddies how can upgrade my 5530 set software from v11.0.0.54 to any latest because frm nokia no new update is available. and my music player seems disturbing. help me.

you might try c6 ported fw for your device....search for them, or go back a step they are easy to find....they are every where in this section..but remember then you have to use their files...not your's...

gurpreet786
30th January 2011, 23:54
Hi !
people can i flash my nokia n97 mini rm-555 12.0.110 india with a custom firmware using phoenix ? if not why and provide how to flash?

Khantastic
31st January 2011, 05:01
no you cannot, phoenix do some hash check kinda work to check the genuinity of fw, if even we bypass it, phone doesn't boot... and next time do not post one query in multiple threads, only post in related thread....that act is considered as spamming...

Aleth02
31st January 2011, 05:55
HEY friends.i need some help.i am new to hacking phones and stuff so if anyone of you can help i will be thankfull.the problem is that i flashed my nokia 5235 mobile with the latest cfw v40.6.03.it was succesful and everything went alright but now i am unable to install any themes(.sis) on my mobile.i am in desperate need of help please.

Aleth02
31st January 2011, 06:11
Is anyone there plz help i am dying out here.....

Khantastic
31st January 2011, 17:59
unable to install themes??? themes doesn't require any kind of hacking mate... :( you might try doing a hard reset of your device... what error you are getting?

Aleth02
1st February 2011, 10:12
I know but i just found out that cfw had some bugs in it.whenever i try to install any themes i get "Unable to install" error.I am getting this error with some other .sis files too and then when i tried to remove some installed applicatons(installed by me) it gives me "Removing failed" error.I thought of downgrading my phone but it killed my phone so i had to install that latest cfw(cfw that had bugs) again. Plz can you tell me when will the bug free or original files of that firmware will be available.<My country is India and my Phone's ini is RM-588 if that concerns>

Khantastic
1st February 2011, 12:15
the fw you installed was for your RM ver????

Aleth02
1st February 2011, 14:12
Yeah but it had bugs and now i cannot downgrade my phone i will have to wait for the bug free version of that fw to come out and if you know where can i get it i will be more than thankful.

mzrctg
1st February 2011, 18:19
Thanks for your cooperation again, Khantastic. I added reputation to you already. But now i experience another problem. I can connect my 5233 via bluetooth to pc, & also can browse phone contents when connected via bluetooth; but usb doesnt work & pcsuit or ovi suite fails recognize my phone.A popup appears saying MTP device found & installing MTP device but fails to successfully install. Thus the phone icon appears, but i cant browse anything as nothing is displayed. what is this MTP device & how can i hack phone without using usb mode?I am using windows xp sp3. I dont want to download MTP device protocol kit from microsoft .

Zelig
1st February 2011, 18:43
I have some problems too - trying to install Nokia Reader from Nokia Beta Labs... installation is failing... google returned that there are problems installing apps with nokia smart installer on cfw nokias that are pnht hacked with "their" installserver.exe, but RomPatcher version is said to be ok... I have Hegazy v6.0 on rm505 N97, with RomPatcher, but still can't install it (deactivated installserver, and removed from auto, restarted)... I've extracted reader.sis form the .sisx package, but the system returns that there's no OVI Notification API... all of the qt*.* files installed but... I'd really appreciate some help... what files do I need from ftp://ftp.qt.nokia.com/qt/symbian/4.7.1/ ?...

Khantastic
1st February 2011, 19:53
Thanks for your cooperation again, Khantastic. I added reputation to you already. But now i experience another problem. I can connect my 5233 via bluetooth to pc, & also can browse phone contents when connected via bluetooth; but usb doesnt work & pcsuit or ovi suite fails recognize my phone.A popup appears saying MTP device found & installing MTP device but fails to successfully install. Thus the phone icon appears, but i cant browse anything as nothing is displayed. what is this MTP device & how can i hack phone without using usb mode?I am using windows xp sp3. I dont want to download MTP device protocol kit from microsoft .

try re installing your ovi suit and restarting your system...!!

I have some problems too - trying to install Nokia Reader from Nokia Beta Labs... installation is failing... google returned that there are problems installing apps with nokia smart installer on cfw nokias that are pnht hacked with "their" installserver.exe, but RomPatcher version is said to be ok... I have Hegazy v6.0 on rm505 N97, with RomPatcher, but still can't install it (deactivated installserver, and removed from auto, restarted)... I've extracted reader.sis form the .sisx package, but the system returns that there's no OVI Notification API... all of the qt*.* files installed but... I'd really appreciate some help... what files do I need from [Only registered and activated users can see links] ?...

remove all that stuff you have installed... before that make sure hegazy cfw use rompatcehr patch install of new install server.exe which doesn't require rompatcher, turn it off (patch) and then start installing this app... it will automatically download what it needs from internet...(latest version and plug ins etc...)

Zelig
1st February 2011, 20:09
... before that make sure hegazy cfw use rompatcehr patch install of new install server.exe which doesn't require rompatcher
how to be sure? I am using latest Hegazy Final Ultimate V6.0 version, 01.01.2011 with RomPatcher+ V2.3 - that's the right one?

...turn it off (patch)...
"menu" -> "hack" -> "RomPatcher+" - all patches disabled (turned blue, and removed "from auto") - that should be it?

Khantastic
1st February 2011, 20:22
yes it should be that.... from the thread you got the fw, it's usually mentioned if they use hack method which don't require a patch, if its not mentioned we usually presume it does require a patch

Zelig
1st February 2011, 20:31
yes it should be that.... from the thread you got the fw, it's usually mentioned if they use hack method which don't require a patch, if its not mentioned we usually presume it does require a patch
CFW thread: "Don't Run Install Server Patche Coz I Made It Built In With System And But It So It's Working For Ever Even Without RomPatcher Installed " - kind of a broken English, but it seems that I've got the right one... but...
... as You've told me I've uninstalled all of the qt files, disabled all patches, rebooted phone... tried to install reader*.sisx package -> installation failed, offered no download of necessary (qt) files... then uninstalled reader, rebooted, tried to install extracted reader*.sis file, without wrapper, and getting "Ovi Notification missing, continue?", installation completed, but upon launching I get "Ovi Notification service is not available, try restarting..." - I restarted the phone but still getting the same... ??? :-(

Khantastic
1st February 2011, 20:37
nope.......!!!!!!!! you don't have the right version.... :(
it clearly says "Don't Run Install Server Patche Coz I Made It Built In With System"..this is something we dont want...

many cookers post that they have modded install server so now it works with qt.....(not this poster said so)..... but the problem is not with qt.... its with nokia smart installer... and you cannot install nokia installer while having PNHT install server :(

you cannot install all suchh apps... for now at least...thats for sure

Zelig
1st February 2011, 20:46
oh, I get it now, stupid me, installedserver.exe already patched regardless of RomPatcher settings I try... pitty :(... It'll be sorted out soon, I am sure, medopasha is doing great job... thank You very much for Your help, I hope I won't be bothering You anymore ;)

Khantastic
1st February 2011, 20:51
no problems mate, we are here to help...and to learn from each other,,, and yes we do hope it will all be sorted out soon

Aleth02
2nd February 2011, 08:26
no problems mate, we are here to help...and to learn from each other,,, and yes we do hope it will all be sorted out soon

Hey Khantastic.I need help with that problem i posted above.I think i may have done something wrong in flashing my phone so thats why i am getting that error.I will write step by step what i did.

1)First i downloaded fw files from frendzforum.com .There was a(RM588_40.6.003_001_001_U001.uda.fpsx),(RM-588_40.6.003_C01_prd.rofs3.fpsx),(RM-588_40.6.003_prd.core.C00),(RM-588_40.6.003_prd.rofs2.V21),(RM588_0599208_40.6.00 3_001.dcp),(RM588_0599208_40.6.003_001.vpl),(RM588 _0599208_40.6.003_001_signature.bin).

2)I did not rename or replaced any file i just flashed those files using jaf and i was successful.

3)Then i was setting my phone according to my likewise then i got those errors(When installing themes-"Unable to install" and when trying to remove any application installed by me-"Removing failed".)

So do you think i had to replace or rename some fw files or anything else.If you can help me Plz do.I am desperate.

Khantastic
2nd February 2011, 15:31
okae... so can you give me the link to that fw?? of the place you got the fw? do not post here, PM that link to me...

i guess you have installed wrong fw...or fw of wrong RM or may be wrong Product code, there are some versions which doesn't allow to remove sis packages,,, so you better find some other product code with your RM ver and download and flash that fw..use navifirm to download...

knowni
2nd February 2011, 15:59
Hello can someone help me trying to add Hebrew language to STRATEGIST FIRMWARE Xperience 1 ?
I tried to open original firmware and taking hebrew language files by rofs2 language tool and put it into new firmware (stategist) rofs2 and then repack... but unsuccessful, phone isnt turn on anymore till i reflash it. please help :]

qazishehryar
2nd February 2011, 16:09
Hello guys!!!! i have a question and thats is it okay to use ROFS3 from any cooked firmware files with nokia original firmware files..... i recently bought a nokia 5530 and it had 32.0.007 firmware installed in it which is the latest one..... i couldn't find any cfw for 32.0.007 so i downloaded original 32.0.007 firmware VIA navifirm and somewhere there was a custom cfw for 31.0.005 "xtension^10" and the maker of that custom was asked by someone to port the custom firmware to 32.0.007 to which he said that use the rofs3 of that cfw with the original 32.0.007 files ... i followed that instruction and installed that cfw designed for 31.0.005 successfully on my device using the original 32.0.007 files with the ROFS3 file of that firmware...... i didn't liked that firmware so my question is can i use ROFS3 from any nokia 5530 cfw with 32.0.007 files????? cuz i wanna change this firmware and NO i don't want to use C6 firmware and can't find any 32.0.007 designed cfw......

Khantastic
2nd February 2011, 16:38
Hello guys!!!! i have a question and thats is it okay to use ROFS3 from any cooked firmware files with nokia original firmware files..... i recently bought a nokia 5530 and it had 32.0.007 firmware installed in it which is the latest one..... i couldn't find any cfw for 32.0.007 so i downloaded original 32.0.007 firmware VIA navifirm and somewhere there was a custom cfw for 31.0.005 "xtension^10" and the maker of that custom was asked by someone to port the custom firmware to 32.0.007 to which he said that use the rofs3 of that cfw with the original 32.0.007 files ... i followed that instruction and installed that cfw designed for 31.0.005 successfully on my device using the original 32.0.007 files with the ROFS3 file of that firmware...... i didn't liked that firmware so my question is can i use ROFS3 from any nokia 5530 cfw with 32.0.007 files????? cuz i wanna change this firmware and NO i don't want to use C6 firmware and can't find any 32.0.007 designed cfw......

yes you can, and incase your phone doesn't boot or shows problem, don't panic, and simply re flash with original fw...!!

knowni
2nd February 2011, 17:59
Can someone please answer my question ?

Aleth02
2nd February 2011, 18:15
okae... so can you give me the link to that fw?? of the place you got the fw? do not post here, PM that link to me...

i guess you have installed wrong fw...or fw of wrong RM or may be wrong Product code, there are some versions which doesn't allow to remove sis packages,,, so you better find some other product code with your RM ver and download and flash that fw..use navifirm to download...

So how to flash those files from navifirm to my mobile.When i am using jaf it says runtime error

Khantastic
3rd February 2011, 01:34
Can someone please answer my question ?
sorry mate, what's your query?? i forgot :( my bad

So how to flash those files from navifirm to my mobile.When i am using jaf it says runtime error
are you sure you RM is 588??
i suggest you to ask for help to original poster....you can also ask him to provide you unhacked original files so you can flash easily and you can also use phoenix to flash original (un touched) fw

Aleth02
3rd February 2011, 07:14
Yes my RM is 588 and i am sure of that cause i checked it and thanks for the advice.You are great.

joncena
3rd February 2011, 08:59
I'm about to release a new N86 CFW but stuck up in one major place.

To implement PHNT, the "starter_background_apps.rsc" needs to be edited but there isnt any such file in N86 FWs ROFS1 or ROFS2.

But there is "Starter_Arm.rsc" & "starter_non_critical_1.rsc" in ROFS1 having no entry of "mce.exe""

So how to go about it further?
Because of this my project has stuck up.

I googled a lot but dint find any proper answer.

So please help me in completing some final steps towards a new cfw. :)

knowni
3rd February 2011, 09:46
Khantasic hello, I'd like to post a guide of insert a new language to a CFW. it will be very helpfull and could be locked in the mainly forum. thanks.

Khantastic
3rd February 2011, 14:00
that will definitely be handy...you can give me the thread link, if it turns out to be worthy, we will try to make it sticky...!!

Sanox
6th February 2011, 19:43
Hi guys,
I am very interested in making a custom firmware for nokia C6 v.20.0.042 based on the one biggzy made "CFW For Original Nokia C6 V11.0.029 by Biggzy". I have some questions regarding the following moddifications which I find extremely handy :

- Default widgets on homescreen: shortcuts 1/2, music player, contacts 1 and e-mail.
- General Profile default tones changed to Tinker.aac and Message 8.aac.
- Heap Size Mod: Increase system heap size and reduce application delay close time.
- Faster screen auto rotation.
- FOTA file removed, extra 5mb memory on C drive.
- Contacts, clock, Calendar etc does not start on boot = more free RAM.
- Extra HomeScreen shortcuts for apps (upto 5).
- Games Folder added to menu

Can you please share some information/knowlegde of the process how these modifications are done ?
Thank you beforehand

PS : here is what i found out about some of the modding so far :
Heap Size Mod: Increase system heap size and reduce application delay close time: found in private\10202D56\sbeconfig.xml , biggzy has changed the values from 2000000 to 4000000 for app_close_delay delay
thus making the apps close faster.

Afzaal
8th February 2011, 13:44
E52 053.001 Cooked by Me ([Only registered and activated users can see links] r.html)

Khantastic
8th February 2011, 13:58
E52 053.001 Cooked by Me ([Only registered and activated users can see links] r)
ypu should create a thread for it and post some description about it

Afzaal
8th February 2011, 14:12
ypu should create a thread for it and post some description about it

brother its UDA file i just added installserver
if someone flash his E52 with same version and my uploaded UDA his phone will be hacked after flashing.

Regards

Khantastic
8th February 2011, 14:16
but this is a queries thread actually..

ankitsut
14th February 2011, 12:45
Hi please help i flashed my nokia e63 from shop but he flashed with different product code version rather than my nokia's original pcode with firmware version 501.21.001 but now m getting problem is i can't right symbol from keypad buttons like example wen i try to right dot it comes ń now i downloaded original firmware for this phone but it is 500.21.009 so wen i try to instal using phoenix it says downgrade is not supported by phone ..now please help me is there any other way to instal my original firmware back ......please help me...

Afzaal
14th February 2011, 21:01
why dont you try with matched product code with same updated firmware?

ankitsut
14th February 2011, 21:14
U r right bro but for my product code firmware version is lower than instaled in my phone ..even not same version avalable with my product code in navifirm..if u can help me then please fine my original is RM-437 E63-1 product code - 0592130 india ruby red find this fw virsion - 501.21.001

anubhav123
14th February 2011, 22:13
U r right bro but for my product code firmware version is lower than instaled in my phone ..even not same version avalable with my product code in navifirm..if u can help me then please fine my original is RM-437 E63-1 product code - 0592130 india ruby red find this fw virsion - 501.21.001

Yes bro, there's no such firmware available for your product code.. I checked it by myself....

Maybe you should wait for the firmware release for your product code ???

mzrctg
17th February 2011, 07:45
Hi Khantastic! Please help me. My phone is nokia 5233 v 21.1.004 & the firmware files i have downloaded with navifirm (i choosed variant that correspond
to our country) shows my files as RM-625_21.1.004_prd.rofs2.V19 & RM-625_21.1.004_C01_prd.rofs3.fpsx _(here the rofs2 file has extension v19 & in rofs3
has C01_prd)__ whereas all the CFW i downloaded from the forum shows RM-625_21.1.004_prd.rofs2.V21 and RM-625_21.1.004_C02_prd.rofs3.fpsx
--(here rofs2 file has extension v21 & in rofs3 has C02_prd). The sizes of all of these files also differs a lot between CFWs. My qurstion is,
1. can i use the nokia USB cable for the procedures? 2. is this okay to rename those files according to your guide on 'Flashing guide"? As windows warn me if i try
to change extensions of the files (from .v19 to .v21 file),they may become corrupted or useless & whether i really want to continue or not. Please help me what
to do. 3. Also should i creat one by one subfolders on C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\DataPackage\Products\RM-625\"-- as there is no such folders? Another
thread by Bro Broad says to put all files to "C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-625". Which one is to follow? 4. Can i ever revert back to my original FW
afterwords? 5. In another thread here in ipmart,Bro Warriormax warned "Don't Swap ROFS2 files between different phone variants. This will kill your phone!" How to
make sure that i am not swapping between rofs2 files? Sorry for asking so many questions altogether & also i am a totally newbee in this procedures.

Khantastic
17th February 2011, 10:15
1) you can use nokia's cable, do you have other option?? i doubt... :)

2) yes it's prefectly ok, until you flash fw which are not for your RM or phone...

3) yes, create those folders one by one, i have mentioned both the paths in my thread, and i guess flash uses the one mentioned by broad...

4) yes you can always re flash with all the original fw files (except if they are of lower ver, because downgrading is not recommended)

5) variant is actually your RM version, _21.1.004_prd tells you about the variant...fw ver must match, that is for RM 626 or some other but nokia 5233, it will have _21.0.004_prd
i mean ver will not be the same, and u will figure this out...

Lie8
17th February 2011, 20:17
totl n00b in this cooked business ... so a simple query

i use a n82 with v35 FW ... is there any cooked FW for it???

mzrctg
18th February 2011, 05:24
Thanks khantastic for all your help.I must spread some reputation.Sorry about that.Now my 5233 is hacked!all the best.

Lie8
19th February 2011, 10:56
./bump

total n00b in this cooked business ... so a simple query

i use a n82 with v35 FW ... is there any cooked FW for it???

good_dud
19th February 2011, 15:17
Hi ,

I have 5800 XM , V52.0.007

Please tell me

If i flash my phone with Vortex latest version CWF, will i able to flash Nokia Default FW again (eg. V 52.0.007)

Also tell me what is mean by phone bricked?

anubhav123
19th February 2011, 15:45
Hi ,

I have 5800 XM , V52.0.007

Please tell me

If i flash my phone with Vortex latest version CWF, will i able to flash Nokia Default FW again (eg. V 52.0.007)

Also tell me what is mean by phone bricked?

Yes you will be able to flash again to Default FW 52 or above...

Bricking the phone means your phone wont get start & you wont be able to use it. But if your phone gets bricked, flash your phone with original fw & you will get your phone working again...

good_dud
19th February 2011, 19:35
Yes you will be able to flash again to Default FW 52 or above...

Bricking the phone means your phone wont get start & you wont be able to use it. But if your phone gets bricked, flash your phone with original fw & you will get your phone working again...

thanks anubhav bhai,

1.Can you please tell causes of phone bricking?

2.can a dead phone be recovered if it was downgraded?

3.if i flashed my phone with diffrent product code, what will happen to my phone

Hope you will clear my doubts

anubhav123
20th February 2011, 12:40
1. Causes may be many like faulty usb cable, unfinished flashing process due to some problems, selecting wrong FW files i.e. downgrading your phone, etc....

2. As I told you earlier, flash your phone with original FW files

3. No, different product code doesnt matters here but just make sure that the files you have downloaded must be having English as the default language...

good_dud
20th February 2011, 14:09
Thanks again ,

I didnt find any ONLY Hacked default Firmware of 5800 XM , V52.0.007

If anybody here know that please link here , I dont want any modification in firmware just want hacked one.

anubhav123
20th February 2011, 19:36
Thanks again ,

I didnt find any ONLY Hacked default Firmware of 5800 XM , V52.0.007

If anybody here know that please link here , I dont want any modification in firmware just want hacked one.

ok, I will give you a hacked file. Give me a days time.....

Its done, check your PM....

good_dud
21st February 2011, 04:11
Thanks i will try,

valytzu01
28th February 2011, 18:49
Can i cook the latest firmware of Nokia 6700(v 62.001) slide using NokiaCooker?Can i modify the .uda file?

good_dud
3rd March 2011, 08:39
Hi again, I want Real Player.sis from 5800 Default Firmware, Can anybody do this for me plz,

ret4rt
6th March 2011, 06:24
Hello! I've just installed custom firmware named "vortex" on my nokia 5800. I have before installed the greek.lang with nokia firmware editor. My problem is that all the menu buttons letters appear as boxes like i am missing the font required to display those. On the other hand when i get into menu settings for example all the letters appear in greek with no problem. Anyone have a clue on what i'm missing here? :)
Thanks in advance!

V150890
15th March 2011, 21:53
Hey can someone get me a hacked cooked rom for nokia e5 india black rm 632.....please please....!!

mariofejker1
28th March 2011, 23:17
Hi, I have problem with flashing hegazy v8.0 on my n97, i m doing like in tutorial but it says:
APE Variant file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-505\RM505_507_22.0.110_uda_1_001.uda.fpsx
Languages in ppm: English,Czech,Slovakian,German,Polish,Hungarian
Backing up CRT...
Failed to backup CRT...
PRESS POWER ON NOW!

What i m doing wrong?

Khantastic
29th March 2011, 10:34
Hi, I have problem with flashing hegazy v8.0 on my n97, i m doing like in tutorial but it says:
APE Variant file: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-505\RM505_507_22.0.110_uda_1_001.uda.fpsx
Languages in ppm: English,Czech,Slovakian,German,Polish,Hungarian
Backing up CRT...
Failed to backup CRT...
PRESS POWER ON NOW!

What i m doing wrong?

when you press flash button in jaf, press yes and immediatly connect your device with cable and press power on....you have hardly 3 seconds for this..practice will make you perfect...

manrock111
31st March 2011, 19:08
can u tell me what most reliable and bet cooker who can provide me files for 5233?

i know there are plenty in the market

anubhav123
31st March 2011, 20:52
can u tell me what most reliable and bet cooker who can provide me files for 5233?

i know there are plenty in the market

Its completely your decision which cfw you like the most, it depends upon your needs & requirements about the cfw. So read the change log of some cfw's & go for the cfw whichever suits you the most...

winol
7th April 2011, 21:39
I have an N97-3 v 22.9-110 i would likje to instrall a cfw which one will be good? please help me

anubhav123
7th April 2011, 22:52
I have an N97-3 v 22.9-110 i would likje to instrall a cfw which one will be good? please help me

Its completely your decision which cfw you like the most, it depends upon your needs & requirements about the cfw. So read the change log of some cfw's & go for the cfw whichever suits you the most...

Some of the best are posted here for your firmware version. Just have a look at those select your liked one...

lwc1989
17th April 2011, 19:59
Hello, I've searched through the forums but did not find any custom firmware for N82, why is it that? No one is making a N82 custom firmware or N82 cant be flashed with custom firmware? Just curious.

joncena
17th April 2011, 20:01
Hello, I've searched through the forums but did not find any custom firmware for N82, why is it that? No one is making a N82 custom firmware or N82 cant be flashed with custom firmware? Just curious.

Now why you need a cfw for n82 when you can easily hack it via helloox2??

lwc1989
18th April 2011, 09:14
oh, so cfw is for phone that cant be hack via helloox2? i tot cfw would bring me more speed and some customized tweaks to my phone?

anubhav123
18th April 2011, 22:24
oh, so cfw is for phone that cant be hack via helloox2? i tot cfw would bring me more speed and some customized tweaks to my phone?

Yep, thats right. CFW's are for those phones which can't be hacked via Hello Ox.

Khantastic
18th April 2011, 22:28

actually they do.....but now a days not many supports helloox2 so we now have fw flashing methods for them....

LMM
22nd April 2011, 03:48
Hi there.

Can someone port some of the "new" funcionalities of the n93i over n93?
Or at least fix some stupid errors of n93, like crap java performance and so? There was a CFW of n93 made by Debanjan Basu where he claimed that that was fixed on that firmware, but it is old and i can't find it.

Thanks in advance

good_dud
25th April 2011, 16:18
Please help me guys,

I have Vortex 1.5 CFW in my 5800, there are some application in build in rofs file, like google maps, x-plore,

If i delete those applications from rofs using Nokia cooker and flash that only file then whole phone memory will be formatted??

Thanks

anubhav123
26th April 2011, 01:16
Please help me guys,

I have Vortex 1.5 CFW in my 5800, there are some application in build in rofs file, like google maps, x-plore,

If i delete those applications from rofs using Nokia cooker and flash that only file then whole phone memory will be formatted??

Thanks

Yes, your whole phone memory will get formatted...

faiz786
27th April 2011, 18:39
Is there any n97 mini rm-553 cfw awelible ? ? ? ?

arsenic_ace
5th May 2011, 20:38
Can anyone help me how can i install or enable voice commands in CFW for N97 mini. Thanks in advance

Khantastic
6th May 2011, 09:03
Can anyone help me how can i install or enable voice commands in CFW for N97 mini. Thanks in advance

it depends on cfw..........if it's disabled just go to settings and re enable it.....but in most of the cfw's its completely removed.......so you cant enable it....

arsenic_ace
7th May 2011, 20:00
Thank you Khantastic for your reply, I have installed this CFW : [Only registered and activated users can see links] . In settings there is Voice commands options but in that it says no data. Usually it used to show voice name (like Martin...). So is there any way i can install it?

adashora
8th May 2011, 11:26
I need CFW for nokia N91-2

Eddicts60
9th May 2011, 11:17
Hello,I need to know that can N86 use theme effects in CFW?I tried it but some of my 3rd party apps has crashed.I even noticed that some of my menu was missing.Also my ENABLEHIDDENMENUS patch not working anymore.Please help

soyab0007
14th May 2011, 10:41
my phone is not showing in the list nokia 5230 Rm-588

anubhav123
14th May 2011, 23:23
my phone is not showing in the list nokia 5230 Rm-588

what is the exact problem mate, plz give some info about it....

f305
5th June 2011, 18:23
I'm using a 5233.
I'd like to find a cfw which has multiple ACTIVE homescreens. The ones i've used so far only have one active homescreen and a blank one.