View Full Version : HELP! Sygic Mobile 10 on Chinese 2 DIN WINCE

Wildwild101
11th January 2011, 09:11
Hi all,

Sorry for the Noobie question.

Could someone show me a step-by-step on how to install Sygic Mobile 10 8.22 on Chinese 2 DIN Car GPS running WINCE 6 128MB?

I have tried to install TomTom on this unit and apparently TT has problems running on 128MB units. So now I am trying Sygic instead

The unit is running iGo8.3 but the maps and speed limits don't match in real life

Thanks.

:shoutout::shoutout::shoutout:

blackstars
21st January 2011, 09:31
i have exactly the same problem, cannot install sygic 10, my igo is very dated, what do you guys recommend ??
i havs chinese double din, running wince 6

rotorman
13th February 2011, 14:47
Hi there. There is a new sygic version 8.24 available now...just search for it. On your SD card you need to have 3 folders ... Drive, Res and Maps. Inside the maps folder there needs to be your individual countries folder eg. gbr for the uk. and the mlm file for the map set. put your SD card in and point your car gps nav to SD/Drive/Windowsmobile/Drive.exe
When it starts it will ask you to activate the maps mlm.... choose manual activation and it will give you your device id. Open the sygic Key*** direct it to you mlm file which you have saved a copy of onto your desktop (easy that way). Then put in your device id and hit generate. Now activate your map with that number. All done.

blackstars
14th February 2011, 22:01
Hi there. There is a new sygic version 8.24 available now...just search for it. On your SD card you need to have 3 folders ... Drive, Res and Maps. Inside the maps folder there needs to be your individual countries folder eg. gbr for the uk. and the mlm file for the map set. put your SD card in and point your car gps nav to SD/Drive/Windowsmobile/Drive.exe
When it starts it will ask you to activate the maps mlm.... choose manual activation and it will give you your device id. Open the sygic Key*** direct it to you mlm file which you have saved a copy of onto your desktop (easy that way). Then put in your device id and hit generate. Now activate your map with that number. All done.

have done all this with 3 differant versions of sygic i have downloaded, and each time my unit does nothing....
i put card in unit, select setupwin, then select navigate and nothing happens ??
i have even paid for a program from the sygic website and same thing happens. have noticed that there is a 277 folder, is this required as you say that there should be drive, res and maps

thanks

rotorman
15th February 2011, 18:45
Hi there
You dont need the 277 folder, this if for autorun. Just the three folders in the root of your memory card. You dont use the windows mobile setup file...this is just for people with pda's running win mob 6, not wince 6. Just direct the car gps to sdmmc/drive/windowsmobile/drive.exe (im guessing this is the name of your card?)
make sure you have the .mlm file eg. SMM10_TA.WORLD.2012.03.mlm inside your maps folder and the country you require.
Let me know if this helps

blackstars
15th February 2011, 21:25
Hi there
You dont need the 277 folder, this if for autorun. Just the three folders in the root of your memory card. You dont use the windows mobile setup file...this is just for people with pda's running win mob 6, not wince 6. Just direct the car gps to sdmmc/drive/windowsmobile/drive.exe (im guessing this is the name of your card?)
make sure you have the .mlm file eg. SMM10_TA.WORLD.2012.03.mlm inside your maps folder and the country you require.
Let me know if this helps

thanks for that, couple of questions though
will the gb maps {there is a mlm file already in the maps folder} that i downloaded direct from sygic work with this newer version of sygic ?
do i have to name my sd card before it will run in my unit ?

thanks

rotorman
16th February 2011, 19:29
yes the mlm that came with your maps will be fine with the new version. No you dont need to name your card. You may have built in memory, usually called resident flash and your external card is usually sdmmc but may differ? Which map version do you have? Is it navteq or teleatlas? The latest one is europe 2010-09 for teleatlas and the mlm for that is 'SMM10_TA.WORLD.2012.03' which looks like this
[PRODUCT:SMM10 Europe]
name=SMM10 Europe
tts=no
sdk=no
truckAttr=no
premiumPOI=no
exPostals=yes
speedcam=SCDB:WORLD:2012.03
maps=TA:WORLD:2012.03

I hope this helps

blackstars
28th February 2011, 01:47
yes the mlm that came with your maps will be fine with the new version. No you dont need to name your card. You may have built in memory, usually called resident flash and your external card is usually sdmmc but may differ? Which map version do you have? Is it navteq or teleatlas? The latest one is europe 2010-09 for teleatlas and the mlm for that is 'SMM10_TA.WORLD.2012.03' which looks like this
[PRODUCT:SMM10 Europe]
name=SMM10 Europe
tts=no
sdk=no
truckAttr=no
premiumPOI=no
exPostals=yes
speedcam=SCDB:WORLD:2012.03
maps=TA:WORLD:2012.03

I hope this helps

have tried everything, nothing works, this has got me beat......

narendralv
1st March 2011, 08:25
have tried everything, nothing works, this has got me beat......

Even am facing the same problem :-(. Somebody please help!

scorpindio
28th March 2011, 15:07
Link:[Only registered and activated users can see links]