View Full Version : Corrupted 6630 mmc

madtrap
7th February 2005, 09:20
Guys, I need your help!
I have a feeling that my mmc is corrupted 'coz everytime i reformat it and install a few softwares plus the built-in 6630 softwares, and add pictures, themes, and 4-5 mp3s, i encounter "System Error!" message and when I restart the phone, the message "The phone can't restart. Contact the retailer." appears when the mmc is loaded.
What do you think cause these problems? 'Coz I have reformatted my mmc thru my phone, and a palm a number of times already. But, I still encounter the same problem.
Please help!

Thanks in advance.

koki
7th February 2005, 10:53
try to format ur phone!

madtrap
8th February 2005, 02:47
I already formatted my phone several times, but it doesn't solve the problem.

ErnestoII
8th February 2005, 02:51
You formatted yr phone only or the MMC too. You have to reformat both, with the MMC goes first!

madtrap
9th February 2005, 02:01
I already did both. It even got to the point that the phone restart failed. Another problem is, I can't find a cardreader so I can use MMC Medic.

Sharky2k4
19th March 2005, 11:14
how can I format my Phone Memory without deleting sistem files. And I havea problem while I am trying to format my DV-RS-MMC, I press format MMC and it says that it has been formatated but nothing was erased. Can someone help plz.

TaI
19th March 2005, 11:37
The only solution is that u have to flash ur phone...... :wink:

dgtl
20th March 2005, 15:20
I have the same problem too, it sucks.. I have to format the MMC every time. :?

Sharky2k4
22nd March 2005, 22:03
10x anyway this thing sucks. And something else I don't know if in your country appeared the 128 DV-RS-MMC, but in my country it will appear in 2 months or so <THIS SUCKS ALSO>

Fone_fanatic
2nd April 2005, 14:52
i dont think the problem is with your phone or mmc, could be with an app you are installing which is corrupted

rcaballe
11th May 2005, 21:10
Guys, I need your help!
I have a feeling that my mmc is corrupted 'coz everytime i reformat it and install a few softwares plus the built-in 6630 softwares, and add pictures, themes, and 4-5 mp3s, i encounter "System Error!" message and when I restart the phone, the message "The phone can't restart. Contact the retailer." appears when the mmc is loaded.
What do you think cause these problems? 'Coz I have reformatted my mmc thru my phone, and a palm a number of times already. But, I still encounter the same problem.
Please help!

Thanks in advance.

You need check which system are you formatting the MMC (fat, fat32, ntsc), some symbian cells accept fat and and fat32 but last one have some problems like 'system error'

pascal_digital
12th May 2005, 15:47
try format with other device, like PDA pocket PC..

ianm22
12th May 2005, 20:15
try formatting the card in a card reader from your PC. make sure it's fat not fat32 or NTFS