Absinthe 2.0 has arrived! Jailbreak all iDevices on iOS 5.1.1
by, 25th May 2012 at 17:50 (1070 Views)
After copious amounts of work and many sleepless nights Absinthe 2.0 is finally here to jailbreak your device. This release has been a large collaborative effort between Chronic-Dev Team and iPhone Dev Teams (Jailbreak Dream Team)
This jailbreak supports firmware 5.1.1 ONLY and is again one of the most easiest jailbreaks to use (so easy your grandma could do it
Compatible devices for iOS 5.1.1 untether:
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad (3rd Gen)
- iPad 2
- iPad 1
- iPod touch 3G/4G
- Apple TV (2nd Gen)
How To Use Absinthe 2.0 (if you're unjailbroken):
- Make a backup of your device in iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu and click ‘Back Up’.
- Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings – General – Reset – Erase all Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.
- Open Absinthe and be sure you are still connected via USB cable to your computer.
- Click ‘Jailbreak’ and wait…. just be patient and do not disconnect your device.
- Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. Right click on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu in the left panel of iTunes and click ‘Restore from Back Up…’ then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device ie, apps, photos, etc.)
- Thanks for using Absinthe, enjoy your jailbroken iDevice!
How To Untether 5.1.1 (if you're already jailbroken):
- Just search for and install "Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether" from Cydia.