Requirements: BlackBerry PlayBook: 1.0.0 or higher Overview: The wait is finally over: Flix is a native app that makes Netflix accessible on yourBlackBerry® PlayBook
It works by playing the movie off screen on your computer and transmitting the video to your BlackBerry® PlayBook in real time over Wi-Fi.
- Your PlayBook must be on the same Wi-Fi network as your computer.
- This initial version requires a relatively high performance computer, otherwise the audio will contain popping noises. For example, my three year old laptop with an Intel Centrino doesn't appear to be up to the task. I'm investigating solutions to this problem.
- Flix requires between 1.5 and 10 Mbps transfer speeds between your PC and PlayBook, depending on what quality settings you use.
- When you are watching a Netflix movie on your PlayBook, the computer's audio is redirected to your PlayBook.
- Windows PC only. (Mac is not supported)
- Windows XP is not yet supported. Please use Windows 7 or Windows Vista.
- There are no player controls such as pause or rewind on the PlayBook at this time, although exiting the app can be used as a workaround for pausing. I hope to improve this.
Please note that Flix was not created and is not affiliated with Netflix.