You need a PC or a Laptop and the required connectivity tools ,ie.,
Serial/USB cable OR Infrared Device OR Bluetooth dongle
1) Activate Airtel Live! ( It's FREE so no probs)
2) Create TWO Airtel gprs data accounts (yep TWO) and select the
FIRST as the active profile.
3) Connect your mobile to the PC (or Laptop) and install the driver for
your mobile's modem.
4) Create a new dial-up connection using the NEW CONNECTION
WIZARD as follows
Connecting Device : Your mobile's modem
ISP Name : Airtel (or anything you like)
Phone Number : *99***2#
Username and Password : blank
5) Configure your browser and download manager to use the proxy
126.96.36.199 and port 8080.( My advice is to use Opera since you
can browse both wap and regular websites)
6) Connect to the dial-up account. You will be connected at 115.2
kbps (but remember, that is a bad joke).
7) Pick up your mobile and try to access any site. You will get "Access
Denied..."(except for Airtel Live!). IT DOES NOT MATTER.
Keep the mobile down.
8 ) On the PC ( or Laptop) open your browser, enter any address ,
press ENTER and.......WAIT
9) After a few seconds the page will start to load and you have the
WHOLE internet at your disposal.
This method is working for me using my beloved NOKIA 7610. I have downloaded more than 11 GB of stuff and I have not been charged
a single paisa.The download speeds are decent.
Last edited by Mark; 1st May 2006 at 22:32. Reason: no asking for rep increases. you are warned.