i dont know where to ask so forgive me if i'm writing in the wrong forum...

i have a nokia n-gage classic (V 4.03, 26-11-2003, NEM-4). i have been experiencing my phone's screen (LCD) turning white for no apparent reason. the screen just turns white, although i can receive/make a call, receive text messages (i can send text messages, i just can't see what iam typing), i can even play the mp3 player. when this happens, i restart my phone and a minute or two later, the white screen occurs again. the problem seems solved when iam charging it, it does not turn white. i found out that a 'white screen' occurs only when the phone's in idle mode (no apps running whatsoever).

and the problem does not end there. lately, my n-gage is also turning off for no reason at all. whatever im doing (playing a game, typing a text message, listening to the mp3 player, even in idle mode), the phone hangs, the screen turns white, and it turns itself off. it's getting pretty annoying, switching my phone on and off, over and over again.

i recently got my phone flashed/reformatted, but the problem still persists. i tried removing the 512 mb MMC (reformatting it, removing all applications/games), but to no avail. i've searched the forums for this kind of problem, but i only got the 'nokia 4-blinks/white screen of death' thread. i have also read that thread and i knew that this (4-blinks) is not what's happening to my phone.

please help, im at my wits end here. thanks in advance to those who'll comment. i'll be checking again tomorrow. thanks again...

ps. i also tried reformatting my phone memory using the *#7370# method. it only got my messages erased. =( any good text messages back-up application you can recommend?