lean pork - ¾ kg
fat - ¼ kg
salt - 2 tbsp
garlic - 1½ -2 tsp
accord powder - 1¼ tsp
ascorbic acid (250 mg) - ½ tablet
brown sugar - 5 tbsp
prague powder - ¼ - ½ tsp
black pepper - 1½ tsp
anisado wine or gin - 1 tbsp
vinegar - 1 tbsp
soy sauce - 1 tbsp
vetsin (MSG) - ½ tsp
1. Mix the above ingredients well with the meat until mixture becomes tacky. Chill.
2. Form into 2-3 inches long sausage.
3. Wrap in paperlene plastic.
4. Allow to cure in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
5. For longanisa in casings, stuff the meat mixture into sausage casings and tie with string to form 2-3 inches sausage links.
6. Hang to dry in a cool, dry place.
Enjoy. Experiment with other ingredients. Nice for small business start-ups!