Garmin Mobile XT for Symbian S60 3rd Edition, Ver. 5.00.10
1. As with any software update, you should always create a backup of the data on your device before beginning. Please see the information provided in the user manual for your device for more information.
2. To import your existing saved settings/waypoints/routes/tracks after you have updated to the latest version, you will need to export them to the SD card at this time. Select Tools->Manage My Data then select the Manage option. Select Export GPX. This will create a file on the SD card that contains all of your saved information. Select Done and Exit the application when this is complete.
3. Copy the following file from the SD card to a safe location (this file will be used to import your saved information later):
After copying this file, delete the file from the SD card.
4. Insert the SD card into your card reader. (Applicable for most Symbian OS devices - some Nokia phones offer 'Data Transfer' mode when connected to the PC and will allow the phone to act like a USB card reader.)
5. To begin the SD card setup, select the 'Download' link found on this web page.
6. Select to 'Run' or 'Save' the file. Selecting 'Run' will immediately launch the install program. Selecting 'Save', will save the file to your PC and require you to launch the install program from the saved location.
7. If you receive an error copying the files to the destination SD card, you will need to manually browse the card to remove the following two files:
Rerun the file downloaded from the link on this web page (Step 5).
8. Follow the directions provided when running the downloaded program and directions provided on the device display to complete the application update. Insert the SD card into the phone (if necessary).
IMPORTANT: If the installation/update does not occur automatically upon insertion of the SD card into your device, browse to the SD card root directory and manually run the GarminMobileXT.SIS file. You can verify the present version of the application by going to the Tools -> Settings -> About page.
9. Exit the application (if necessary). Copy the CURRENT.GPX file saved in Step 2 to SD card location: \Garmin\GPX\CURRENT.GPX
Replace the existing file on the SD card if necessary.
10. Start the application. The import of the data should happen automatically. If it does not, select Tools->Manage My Data then select the Manage option. Select Import GPX. Your saved application data should now be available.
11. You will need to keep the SD card inserted in your device for the voice, help and basemap files. This SD card can also be used to hold your detailed maps.
Changes made from version 5.00.00 to 5.00.10:
* Provide support for Samsung INNOV8 (i8510).
* Change default vehicle icon to blue car.
* Correct an application shutdown when frequently recalculating a route.
* Correct the displayed speed limit value for some specific roads.
* Correct the blank green screen displayed when switching to the map page.
* Improve the layout of the Local Search capability.
* Improve the layout of the map page for the Nokia E90 screen size.
Download - the executable version:
Download - the standalone version with sis file in it thanks to aristotelhs2060
can be found here: http://www.ipmart-forum.com/showpost...8&postcount=32
HOW TO INSTALL GARMIN XT MOBILE: GUIDE TO STEP BY STEP INSTALLATION BY FERVEX:
I have taken time to analyze the installation of garmin and I realize that
it rises difficulties for some people to install it, so with the aid of the worldwide web I put together a guide step by step installation with pictures. I hope this helps you.
Link to download:
Last edited by fervex; 9th November 2008 at 20:09.