New update from garmin for UIQ3
Changes made from version 5.00.00 to 5.00.10:
* Change default vehicle icon to blue car.
* Correct an application shutdown when frequently recalculating a route.
* Correct the displayed speed limit value for some specific roads.
* Correct the blank green screen displayed when switching to the map page.
* Improve the layout of the Local Search capability.
link : hxxp://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=3941
or try direct download if possible at : hxxp://www8.garmin.com/software/GarminMobileXTforSymbianUIQ3.0_50010.exe
Don't forget to read instruction before upgrading software.
1. As with any software update, you should always create a backup of the data on your device before beginning. Please see the information provided in the user manual for your device for more information.
2. To import your existing saved settings/waypoints/routes/tracks after you have updated to the latest version, you will need to export them to the SD card at this time. Select Tools->Manage My Data then select the Manage option. Select Export GPX. This will create a file on the SD card that contains all of your saved information. Select Done and Exit the application when this is complete.
3. Copy the following file from the SD card to a safe location (this file will be used to import your saved information later):
4. Insert the SD card into your card reader. (Applicable for most Symbian OS devices - some Nokia phones offer 'Data Transfer' mode when connected to the PC and will allow the phone to act like a USB card reader.)
5. To begin the SD card setup, select the 'Download' link found on this web page.
6. Select to 'Run' or 'Save' the file. Selecting 'Run' will immediately launch the install program. Selecting 'Save', will save the file to your PC and require you to launch the install program from the saved location.
7. If you receive an error copying the files to the destination SD card, you may need to manually browse the card to remove the following two files:
Rerun the downloaded file from the link on this web page (Step 5).
8. Follow the directions provided when running the downloaded program and directions provided on the device display to complete the application update.
9. Start the application. Verify that the update has completed successfully by going to the Settings -> About page. Verify the version shown is correct. If a message is shown requesting you to Import the GPX data, answer NO at this time. Exit the application.
10. Delete the following file from the SD card: (SD card)\Garmin\GPX\CURRENT.GPX
Copy the CURRENT.GPX file saved in Step 3 to SD card location: (SD Card)\Garmin\GPX\CURRENT.GPX
11. Start the application. The import of the data should happen automatically. If it does not, select Tools->Manage My Data then select the Manage option. Select Import GPX. Your saved application data should now be available.
12. You will need to keep the SD card inserted in your device for the voice, help and basemap files. This SD card can also be used to hold your detailed maps.