I want to share my experience with unlocking BB 8120, which was locked to Orange UK. It worked for me, and it should work for other models. I did serious research and this is procedure that came up:
1. Install Blackberry Desktop Manager. I recomend latest version ~version: 5.0.1 B49; size: 258MB
(download link: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ).
2. Next one is NET Framework. Install it. ~version: 2.0; size: 22.4MB.
( download link: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] )
3. Download and install latest OS for your device ~size: 90+MB.
( BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] )
~choose network on which phone is locked
~3.a Delete vendor.xml from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader
4. Download and install MFI Multiloader ~version:184.108.40.206.; size: 718MB
( download link~torrent: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] )
~4.a MFI Multiloader short setup tutorial: In downloaded archive notice all8files.rar ( 8 parts ), and MMLSetup. Extract them and run MMLSetup.msi. Extracted files from all8files.rar put in folder MML, and after finished installation overwrite installed MML folder with extracted. ( path~C:\MML )
5. Disconnect from Internet before starting procedure!
-Now you can start with unlocking. Open MFI Multiloader, and connect your device. Application will automaticly start process.
-You can see reading, writing etc...Just wait until MFI shows you PASS.
-On your phone screen will be shown "1". Disconnect it, and type START
-After finishing this operation phone can show you message like "error 507" or "no application linked"...don't worry, it's "normal".
-Your phone is unlocked now, but you'll need to reinstall OS and set it up.
[CODE]~ Short reinstall/install procedure tutorial:
1. Open Blackberry Desktop Manager
2. Connect device
3. Select "Application Loader"
4. Select "Add/Remove Applications"
5. Choose applications and extras, and click Next
6. Wait until DM finish operation.[/CODE]
[CODE]~ Troubleshooting( I had this problems, if you get others post it and i'll try to help )
1. Device could not connect on MFI Multiloader.
~ Copy BbDevMgr.exe from the C:\MML\bin\, and overwrite same one in the location C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\USB Drivers\
2. MFI Multiloader shows FAIL.
~ You can get this message if your MFI Multiloader version is older. Download newest, and just repeat process.[/CODE]
[CODE]~Mass Storage Fix
After everything, I successfully adjusted device, but I had problem with Mass Storage detection ( sometimes phone cannot connect on PC as Mass Storage ).
Use fix.; run mass storage activator.bat ( see atachment )[/CODE]
I hope this helps
Last edited by Dejan990; 2nd February 2010 at 00:59.