This is the new 2.0.0 final release of PyS60. This release is intended only for S60 3rd edition, S60 3rd edition FP1, S60 3rd edition FP2 and S60 5th edition devices.
Note on versioning: The versioning scheme in PyS60 releases is such that the releases with an even minor version (1.0.x, 1.2.x ...) are "stable" and releases with an odd minor version (1.1.x, 1.3.x ...) are "development" releases.
What is new when compared with PyS60 1.9.7?
- Repeat support in 4-way directional pad
- Lot of memory leaks in the interpreter code is fixed.
- appuifw.app.track_allocations can be set if the interpreter should track all
memory allocations and then free the memory which was not explicitly released
before application exit. To debug memory leaks in 3rd party extension
modules set the value to false.
- All the Pyds that have zero UID will be assigned with the applications UID at the time of packaging.
As a result, Python applications can now be symbian signed. This opens the door for submitting Python applications to OVI Store.
- Pdf documentation is available in the installer/archive.
- API cleanup in the SensorFW module.
- On the below mentioned devices Python runtime and its dependencies will be installed automatically
when the Python applications is started.
6220 classic, N86 8 MP, N85, 6720 classic, 6730 classic, N96, 5730 XpressMusic, N78, 5630 XpressMusic,
E52, E55, 6710 Navigator, E75, N79, 5800 XpressMusic, 5530 XpressMusic, 5230, X6 and N97 mini
Last edited by WarriorMax; 12th February 2010 at 15:44. Reason: Adding v2.00 Documentation PDF