NEW MULTI PROTOCOL PHOENIX SERVICE SOFTWARE VERSION 2010.12.8.42304
Version history: Version 1 29.04.10 Initial version
Multi protocol (including support for CDMA, GSM, TDMA and WCDMA)
Phoenix Service Software version 2010.12.8.42304 has been released.
File Name : Phoenix_Service_Software_2010_12_8_42304.exe
* This is the first Phoenix Service Software version which uses new connection manager FUSE. Please see “known errors and limitations” for troubleshooting and “appendix 1” for instructions concerning use.
* This version should be used together with the latest Tucson Add-On Installation Package v.2010_10_9_41709.
This Phoenix Service Software installation package includes following SW components:
* Phoenix Service Software 2010.12.8.42304
* DK2 Dongle Driver v 126.96.36.199
* Nokia Connectivity Cable USB Driver v 188.8.131.52
* Flash Update Package 09.050.025
* FLS-x Dongle Driver v 2.09.28
HW & tool requirements:
Please see General Service Bulletin SB-209.
Supported Operating Systems and user rights:
* Windows XP Service Pack 1 or higher
* When installing Phoenix into Win XP you must have local admin rights.
* When using Phoenix in Win XP, user must have power user rights.
After installing Phoenix Service Software, please install latest product specific data package or SW bundles; do not use old data packages or SW bundles.
If you are installing this version of Phoenix on a new Imaged PC, and you are using FLS-4S or FLS-5 during the install, then install the FLS-X drivers first.
Changes/improvements made from previous version 2010.8.4.41526:
New products added:
* RM-650, RM-627, RM-648, RM-682
* Nokia Connectivity Cable USB Driver Version 184.108.40.206
* New Connection manager FUSE replaces old connection manager
Error corrections & changes:
* WCDMA EVM testing issues with Willtek testers corrected, but SW update to Willtek tester is also required.SW must be updated to latest available version Please see [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] for more details
* Ambient Light Sensor Calibration version corrected to version
* New Label Printing DLL to correct font and IMEI length problems
* SW package download capabilities for FiRe / online use enhanced
* MCF Upload correction
* Improvements to decrease finalization delay in flashing related events
* RF Final Test improvements for RM-586
* Minor menu Changes
Known errors & limitations:
* Software downgrade with Tucson system is only possible for BB 5.0 products supporting the Data Package 2 concept.
* Flashing with setup FLS-5, SS-46 and product specific adapter is not supported anymore
* If you install old DCT-4 data packages, Flash Update Package File installation path may be wrong. This is caused by very old DCT-4 data packages which contain Flash Update Package and overwrite current information during installation. If you experience problems when updating FPS-x prommers, please check that Phoenix “Prommer maintenance” is looking for the files from the correct location which is “C:\ProgramFiles\Common Files\Nokia\Tss\Flash”. If not, Phoenix will show error “Update via ini – file failed”. In this case, select “Update” from that Phoenix “Prommer maintenance” – UI, browse to correct directory and select “fpsxupd.ini” for all other prommers except the FPS-8.
* Some phone models request SIM Lock data to be written in wrong format. You should use special DLL as a workaround for this product software related problem. Please see “Tucson Add-On Components for SIM Lock versions” document
* Refurbishment flashing and product code change for RX-51 product requires SX-4 card to be available
* FPS-21 flashing for RX-51 works only with TCPIP connection. FPS-21 prommer with new HW version is needed to correct this, and it is estimated to be available during 2:nd half of 2010
* Please refer to product specific documents and instructions concerning the limitations of the RX-51 product
* RX-51 flashing does not work when CU-4 is used
* When new version 2010_12_8_42304 with FUSE connection manager is installed on top of older Phoenix versions, there may be an additional delay of several minutes when you start Phoenix for the first time. Please wait patiently; Phoenix will start after configuration is finished.
* Note concerning the installation and use with Administrator and User rights
* If you install Phoenix, start Phoenix and configure connections from FUSE connection manager as Administrator, you may not be able to start Phoenix after you log off and try to use Phoenix with User Rights afterwards
* If you experience the above mentioned problem:
* Log on as Administrator
* Deleted Fuse folder and its contents from: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Nokia\
* After this Fuse’s connection list will be empty and it can be used directly with guest/admin rights.
* This has to be done only once.
* After you close Phoenix, it may not restart. To rectify this:
* Use Windows Task Manager to manually shut down phoenix.exe and FuseService.exe processes, or optionally restart your PC
If you have Phoenix Service SW version 2007.4.6.170 or older you must uninstall it before installing this release.
1. Download phoenix_service_sw_2010_12_8_42304.exe – application file from NOL to your computer (e.g. C:\TEMP)
2. Close all other programs
3. Run phoenix_service_sw_2010_12_8_42304.exe and follow instructions on the screen to install Phoenix Service Software.
4. Connect a dongle (PK-1, PKD-1, FLS-4S, FLS-5) when message appears on the screen
5. If you are prompted to update any existing driver or file versions, select “yes”
6. Depending on the operating system PC may require rebooting
7. Allow Windows to register Phoenix components
8. Install Tucson Add-On installation package v 2010.10.9.41709
9. Open Phoenix, use FUSE to configure connections depending on the tools you use
10. Update your prommer with the latest software included in this installation package
11. Install and use the latest available product specific data packages or flash bundles
mediafire [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
rapidshare [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
latest version here [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Last edited by Khantastic; 17th July 2010 at 22:23.
To see more of this thread, please login or register.