Jailbreak/Unlock iOS 4.0 IPhone 3GS (old bootroom)
Snowbreeze for Windows
With the release of Snowbreeze 1.7 it's now possible also for windows users to use the pwnage (Dev Team) method to upgrade to iOS 4.0 and keep the jailbreak in your iPhone 3GS.
But first of all please note that this will work for an iPhone 3GS that meets these criteria:
* with old bootroom
* but NOT with Spirit
If you need you can unlock it as well at the end of the process.
Please check carefully that you meet these criteria. If unsure please do not proceed
IMPORTANT: backup your SHSH in Cydia (Saurik server) so if something goes wrong you can go back
---------------------------------------------- Update: there seem to be some instances where sn0wbreeze and iTunes 9.2 don't work well togheter thus not allowing to restore the custom firmware.
Please use caution and only proceed if you have a backup of your SHSH in Cydia
- backup your iPhone
- update iTunes to 9.2
- download the .ipsw file from Apple:
[CODE][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Please note Internet Explorer may change the extension of the ipsw file in .zip. In this case just change back the extension in .ipsw (do not unzip it!)
- download latest Snowbreeze
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
- put Snowbreeze and the ipsw file in a directory of your choice.
- start Snowbreeze by clicking on sn0wbreeze-V1.6.x.exe (please note that you need MS Framework installed on your PC)
- to proceed click the arrow on bottom right
- you can select “simple mode” and continue (press the same blue arrow). If you choose "expert mode" you will be able to select the options you want to include (size of the partition, activation or not, custom logo, Cydia and/or Rock, etc. etc.). If unsure select "simple" .
- browse and select the ipsw file downloaded before
- wait for Sn0wbreeze to process and verify the ipsw file. Press the arrow and wait complete processing.
- click yes if you want to activate iPhone. No if it's already activated
- wait for Sn0wbreeze to show the DONE message. Close Sn0wbreeze.
- connect your iPhone 3GS and enter in Recovery mode
- start iTunes, wait for detection of DFU iPhone and verification
- hold down SHIFT while clicking the restore button on iTunes
- select the ipsw modified by Sn0wbreeze
- let iTunes complete installing the iOS 4.0 custom firmware
When the process is finished and the iPhone restarts, the iPhone will be upgraded to iOS 4.0 and jailbreaked
If you need to unlock use ultrasn0w. More info [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]:
Last edited by Scoiattolo; 6th July 2010 at 15:52.