I bet many of you got an own website or an other internet page you often visit. To reach it fast you can add a link to the desktop but this things are big and take much space away.
Now I gonna show you how to create and elegant and small shortcut to your internet sites. Let's go step by step:
1) Download this file with your computer: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
(extract the .rar archive to desktop, winrar needed)
2) right click at the .desktop file and choose "open"
3) klick "choose installed program to open" klick "ok" a list pops up
4) IMPORTANT: uncheck the "always open with this program" field
5) now choose the editor from that list (likely shows up first place)
6) now you see a bunch of command-lines. ignore all of them but those who
are written [like this]
7) Now you have to choose a name for the scut and replace the [name] field
(like that: Name=IceCream)
8) Now choose a short description and replace the field [description] with it
(example: Comment=very tasty App)
9) This step is essential: replace the [internet_adress] field with the adress
of the page u want to visit (looks like: string:[Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
10) Now the [icon] field: write down the name of the png pic there
(choose whatever u want but: space button = _
11) Now choose an picture for your shortcut (example is an jpeg image)
open that pic with paint (preinstalled on windows) and zoom out with the
magnifying glass until u see the whole pic (right click).
12) grab the small blue field in the lower right corner of the pic and downsize
it until the numbers in the lower right corner of the window show 64x64
(may takes a bit of time)
13) Now go to "file" then "save as" and choose the png format from the list of
14) Name it like in step 10 (exactly same,
watch out for big letters and spaces)
15) We nearly got it! Now copy the .desktop file to
and the png image to
16) to do step 15 read that description for WinSCP over SSH connection
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
17) close connection and ready we are!
I hope this is not too difficult and good to understand. If there are any problems PM me. I'll take care of every message, I promise!
Last edited by fire4one; 22nd December 2010 at 11:37.