today I've found an ultra cool addon for the comuter-version of firefox.
Often it is stupid if you can just download apps from the ovi store only with the browser of the fone and not with the computer. To change that ill show you a little trick.
You just need the Firefox Browser on PC (newest Version if possible):
Lets get started:
1. start firefox on pc.
2. open tab "extras" and click on "Add-ons"
3. go to "search add-ons"
4. search for "user agent switcher"
5. choose "User Agent Switcher 0.7.2" (or above) from list and add to firefox
6. restart firefox
7. go for "extras" and "default User Agent" and choose "edit User Agents"
8. choose "New" then "new User Agent"
9. clear all fields and copy the following to the field "User Agent":
Mozilla/5.0 (Maemo5/1.2; U; Series60/5.0 NokiaN900/10.0.055; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 )AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413
10. Type "Nokia N900" into the Description field and click ok (other fields dont
11. Klick "OK" and close Firefox, then start it up again
12. Choose "Nokia N900" from the list under "Extras" and "default User Agent"
13. visit [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and have fun
PS: Try to vistit [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] with Internet-Explorer. You'll get an error. Now try with FF and the trick. Tada... no error, site shows up^^
PPS: If you like this add some rep. A thanks doesn't hurt anyone
Last edited by fire4one; 20th December 2010 at 22:16. Reason: Don't watch this read the PPS