Main component versions in the release:
• DK2 Driver Version 07.14.0.25
• Nokia Connectivity Cable USB Driver Version 22.214.171.124
• Flash Update Package 10.46.000
• FLS-x Drivers Version 2.09.28
• FUSE Connection Manager v 2010.44.0.584
MAIN CHANGES & ERROR CORRECTIONS FROM PREVIOUS VERSION 2010.38.5.44210
New Products added
• RM-757, RM-746, RM-729, RM-738, RM-739, RM-724, RM-725, RM-607, RM-608, RM-643, RM-644, RM-744, RM-745, RM-749
• New Connectivity Cable driver
• New version of FUSE connection Manager
• New version of Flash Update Package
• New versions of Product API
• New PCCS library for Win 7 driver installation
• New common data package location taken in use. All Nokia Service Software Applications will use following location for product specific data:
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Nokia\Packages
- Windows 7: C:\Program Data\Nokia\Packages
Error Corrections & changes
• Changes to GPS Control UI: Quick test - tab is now on top of the other tests when menu is launched
• Changes to Tucson components for phones with "USB Only" - service concept (RM-596, RM-675, RM-718 etc, which have no FBUS connection available)
• Some obsolete menu items removed
• Improvements to keyboard shortcut functionality
• Improvements to keyboard test
• Changes to File Sysytem Format and Password Erasing for phones with Symbian Operating System
• Changes to Band Information writing
• Improvements to Audio Control for RM-559
• Torch test added to Camera Control UI
• This version contains the latest Tucson components. Therefore it is not necessary to use Tucson Add-On Installation Packages
• Before you start Phoenix or care Suite installation to Windows 7 the User Account Control (UAC) should be turned off from Windows Control Panel settings.
• For more information concerning new common data package location refer to separate Service SW documentation
• For more information concerning new options in "Firmware Update" - menu, Current options in Firmware Update UI:
- Refurbish: Software will be updated with required content files. User data will be deleted. It is mandatory to have the content files installed on PC, otherwise Refurbishment process will be terminated. Before refurbishing, ensure that you back up user data with PC Suite.
- Update Software: Updates software. User data will be preserved. Optional Content files are not required because they are not programmed
- Reset Software: Updates software and resets settings to the factory defaults. Some user data can be lost.Optional Content files are not required because they are not programmed
- Product Code changes for USB Only - phones (RX-51, RM-596 etc) work only when used with FPS-21 Flash Prommer and USB connection from prommer rear panel to phone. Please select USB as Product Active Media
- Do not use Flash option simultaneously with product code change for USB Onbly phones, flash phone separately with Firmware Update
- It is recommeneded to use FPS-21 flash prommer with TCPIP connection when refurbishing USB Only - phones (RM-596 etc) due to mandatory optional MMC file size.
KNOWN ERRORS & LIMITATIONS
• Software downgrade with Tucson system is only possible for BB 5.0 products supporting the Data Package 2 concept.
• Flashing with setup FLS-5, SS-46 and product specific adapter is not supported anymore
• If you install old DCT-4 data packages, Flash Update Package File installation path may be wrong. This is caused by very old DCT-4 data packages which contain Flash Update Package and overwrite current information during installation. If you experience problems when updating FPS-x prommers, please check that Phoenix “Prommer maintenance” is looking for the files from the correct location which is “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\Tss\Flash”. If not, Phoenix will show error “Update via ini - file failed”. In this case, select “Update” from that Phoenix “Prommer maintenance” - UI, browse to correct directory and select “fpsxupd.ini” for all other prommers except the FPS-8.
• Refurbishment flashing and product code change for RX-51 product requires SX-4 card to be available
• RX-51 flashing does not work when CU-4 is used
• RX-51 Product Code changes work only without FLASH option, please flash phone separately
• When version 2010_12_8_42304 or newer with FUSE connection manager is installed on top of older Phoenix versions, there may be an additional delay of several minutes when you start Phoenix for the first time. Please wait patiently; Phoenix will start after configuration is finished.
• When using Data Package download functions with online connection, download times may occasionally be long. This is not caused by Phoenix (or Care Suite). The download speed from online servers is occasionally known to be slow, depending on how data is buffered on caching servers.
• Note concerning the installation and use with Administrator and User rights
- If you install Phoenix, start Phoenix and configure connections from FUSE connection manager as Administrator, you may not be able to start Phoenix after you log off and try to use Phoenix with User Rights afterwards
• If you experience the above mentioned problem:
- Log on as Administrator
- Deleted Fuse folder and its contents from: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Nokia\
- After this Fuse’s connection list will be empty and it can be used directly with guest/admin rights.
- This has to be done only once.
• After you close Phoenix, it may not restart. To rectify this, please use Windows Task Manager to manually shut down phoenix.exe and FuseService.exe processes, or optionally restart your PC
• Mass memory content file flashing does not work for all products over USB - FPS-10 or FPS-21 Flash Prommer must be used!
• To be able to use the help files in Windows 7 you need to install Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) for Windows 7. Ways to locate WinHlp32.exe:
- Start Phoenix with online connection to Internet, select "Help" and "Phoenix help". Click the "Microsoft Help and Support" website link. Download WinHlp32 and install it.
- Go to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Type "WinHlp32" to "Search Microsoft.com" - field. Locate Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) for Windows 7 and install it
• When using flash prommers, only one connection type to one prommer is allowed. Please use either NFPD USB or NFPD TCPIP connection to one prommer, not both connections to same prommer
Supported operating systems and user rights
• Windows XP Service Pack 1 or higher
• When installing Phoenix into Win XP you must have local admin rights.
• When using in Win XP, user must have power user rights.
• Windows 7
thanks to the original uploader
Working patched version:
DO NOT FORGET TO IGNORE VIRUS ALERTS AND, IF POSSIBLE, TO DISABLE YOUR ANTIVIRUS DURING THE INSTALLATION.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Note: "Nokia Fuse" drivers installed are for 32bit OS only. BTW works like a charm also on x64 systems. You will see an event id in the event viewer, just ignore it!
Last edited by marcogancio; 20th January 2011 at 19:40.