OziExplorer v1.13.0 beta
Requirements: Android v2.1+
Overview: OziExplorer for Android is moving map software for devices running the ANDROID O/S. It uses raster map images which are either scanned or purchased in digital format. It allows you to track your position received from the GPS on a map (moving map).
OziExplorer for Android is moving map software for devices running the ANDROID O/S. It uses raster map images which are either scanned or purchased in digital format. It allows you to track your position received from the GPS on a map (moving map).
OziExplorer for Android is not automatic route planning software, you cannot request the best way to get from point A to point B, the types of maps OziExplorer for Android uses do not allow this.
OziExplorer runs on Android devices but it relies on map calibrations etc to be provided by the full PC version of OziExplorer, you also need the full OziExplorer to calibrate maps, plan trips by adding waypoints etc.
The unlicensed OziExplorer for Android will work with the unlicensed OziExplorer but the limitations of both packages will apply.
Moving map navigation using the internal GPS.
Course Up Mode.
3D Perspective View Mode.
Uses almost any map which can be created by the PC version of OziExplorer.
Use our Img2ozf utility to convert maps to OZFX3 format.
OZF2, OZFX3, ECW, JP2 (jpeg 2000) directly supported.
PNG, JPG directly supported (small maps less than 20MBytes uncompressed).
Automatic loading of the next map.
Check for more detailed map at a set interval.
User tracks can be loaded
Logging of Track points to file.
Create Waypoints at current position by pressing the Create Wp screen button.
Navigation to a waypoint or along a route.
Using the Route Create option, routes can be created on the device.
Many Map Zoom levels.
Various Position display formats.
On screen display of Speed, Bearing and Altitude.
Display Waypoints on the map.
Satellite View showing SNR, number of Sats and HDOP.
Design your own screens using the free Screen Designer on your PC.
+ many more features to be added in future versions.
- Fixed bug in editing waypoint positions.
- Waypoint List sort no longer case sensitive.
- Range Rings around current position added - configure on the Moving Map configuration page.
- Waypoints proximities added - proximity can be added on waypoint edit page and their display and checking configured on the Waypoint configuration screen.
- Route Waypoints can now be edited. The Route name can also be edited.
- SMS position messaging now has the ability to add ID to start of message (see help).
1.11 / 1.12
- 1.12 - minor bug fix
- Fixed problem with running on Android 4.
- Fixed Irish Grid.
- Some other minor problems have been fixed.
- No major changes at this stage.