Requirement : 2.2+
On your phone, tablet or TV… Recast is the best way to experience weather and control your Android device.
- Add just the locations you want to see.
- Pick the colors and icons you like.
- Select the fonts and layouts that look good to you.
- Choose the utilities and sizes that match your style.
- Mix and match options until Recast is completely personalized for the way you use your device.
- One app works on phones, tablets and TVs!
- Choose from multiple, different weather icon sets
- Add as many locations for weather as you want
- Customize the data formats and weather providers
- Pick from a series of pre-defined color themes
- Select different fonts and typefaces
- Choose one of the multiple utility widget icon sets
- Switch between many different color and themed backgrounds
- Resize widgets to any size on Android 3.x and 4.x
- Supported Devices: nearly any Android phone, tablet or Google TV
- Supported OS Versions: Android 2.2, 2.3, 3.x and 4.x
- Supported Countries: everywhere on Earth, English only for launch
- Requires WiFi, 2G, 3G, 4G or Ethernet connectivity for access to the Internet to get weather data
- Requires Google Maps and Google Location Services to determine your location, time zone, sunrise and sunset times
- Amazon Kindle Fire devices
- Android OS 1.x and 2.1 devices
- Devices without any form of data connectivity (e.g. no WiFi, no 3G, no Internet)
- Devices without Google Maps or Google Location Services
- Screen size limited devices (e.g. less than 400 x 800 resolution)
Beta 4 Release Notes
FIX - Clock widgets weren't always updating some devices
FIX - Hi/Lo need to be bigger on 5x2 widget
FIX - 3x2 three day forecast needs to resize the hi/lo text to make it more readable
FIX - 2x2 weather forecast widget needs to remove hi/lo text and increase its size
FIX - 1x1 date widget has no typeface option
FIX - Black weather icon set is missing battery level
FIX - 1x1 day, date month widget is missing the typeface option
FIX - 1x1 widget preview now shows a screenshot
FIX - Switching screen orientation while adding a widget fails
FIX - Tapping device "Back" button shows wrong view after adding a new location
FIX - 3x2 time, weather & date widget needs to resize the weather icon to fill the space better
FIX - Help option added to every Action Bar menu
FIX - Weather conditions need to be cached for devices without reliable access to the Internet
FIX - 24 hour time is wrong at midnight, shows 24:00 instead of 00:00
FIX - Day/Night and Sunrise & Sunset don't work on devices without location services
FIX - Time Zone ID list for French locale is empty
IMPROVED: Many, many performance and stability improvements
ADD - GPS timeout needed to prevent many, many retries during location look ups
ADD - Manual only options in General Settings for weather forecast and current location
ADD - Roboto Thin typeface
ADD - Option in Global settings to override all existing Location settings: Temperature, Time, and Units
Known Bug: Samsung Galaxy Note users have Settings screen issues and 5x2 widgets won't display with stock launcher
Known Bug: Location auto-complete can be unreadable on Motorola devices
[CODE][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]